Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
tonyuh
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by tonyuh » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:32 am

I bought the E 2 weeks ago and I've been struggling with battery life issues, even after at least 10 full 0-100% recharge cycles. I get around 8-10 hours with my current settings.

My settings are:
Always-on: On
Tilt-to-wake: On
Bluetooth: On
Wifi: On
Ok Google: Off
Brightness: 2

For me I think it is the watch face that is the culprit but I still cannot figure out which part of the watch face does that. I noticed that if I use the stock watch faces that comes with the watch (or android wear I'm not sure) I get a lot better battery life, I can get up to 20 hours if I use "Elements Pointer" watch face. I tried many watch faces including Pujie Black, Black Classic, Odyssey and Facer but all of them give me around 10 hours of usage. I read some where that animations/shadows eats a lot of battery power so I tried disabling them in some of the watch faces but still not that much better performance.

I'm curious, is there a list of "functions" that use up a lot of battery? So I can disable these functions in the faces.

no avatar
Shar_com

Post by Shar_com » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:07 pm

Hello, check the clock battery when talking on the phone. I have 1 hour of talking on the phone, the battery on the clock is discharged by 25%. Sorry for my English.
B96B59AD-AE5C-4DDA-92CB-D3891F3DA2D1.jpeg
B96B59AD-AE5C-4DDA-92CB-D3891F3DA2D1.jpeg (164.35 KiB) Viewed 4216 times

no avatar
jsalatas

Post by jsalatas » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:35 am

tonyuh wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:32 am
I bought the E 2 weeks ago and I've been struggling with battery life issues, even after at least 10 full 0-100% recharge cycles. I get around 8-10 hours with my current settings.

My settings are:

For me I think it is the watch face that is the culprit but I still cannot figure out which part of the watch face does that. I noticed that if I use the stock watch faces that comes with the watch (or android wear I'm not sure) I get a lot better battery life, I can get up to 20 hours if I use "Elements Pointer" watch face. I tried many watch faces including Pujie Black, Black Classic, Odyssey and Facer but all of them give me around 10 hours of usage. I read some where that animations/shadows eats a lot of battery power so I tried disabling them in some of the watch faces but still not that much better performance.

I'm curious, is there a list of "functions" that use up a lot of battery? So I can disable these functions in the faces.
Turn Wifi Off. Also could you let us know what watch face you are using and what complications you have in your watch face?

no avatar
umberto

Post by umberto » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:14 am

tonyuh wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:32 am

My settings are:

I keep every option set to on, but i still get better battery time than you
I'm using pujie and i make sure the watchface (at least the one in ambient mode) is mostly black or very dark at least. Also, i only keep "easy" complications, like the ones that do not require the use of location services . I never use meteo or compass complications or phone battery complication, or anything that needs to refresh frequently using a connection of any kind. I keep the date and watch battery.
Aside from that, i'm keeping everything on and I always get from 7:30 to past midnight with one charge.
Hope this helps

androidForever

Post by androidForever » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:49 am

Yes, switching off WiFi makes the whole difference! It is not needed. For what!?

no avatar
Spider210

Post by Spider210 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:26 am

I have a hard time lately tic watch s getting a full day. Somedays I can do a no GPS treadmill run using endomondoafter work and end the day with 30% other days I'm dead before I get done work at 5pm. My usage is very consistent. Overall I like the watch just wish was more reliable like Apple watch. I am using an LG g6 with Android 7.

no avatar
hilker09

Post by hilker09 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:20 am

I've been struggling to get get my watch through a full day (started today at 7:30am, by 5:30 was down below 15%). I keep WiFi off, ok Google off, but most other features on. I'm going to try resetting the watch to see if there's any improvement, as I've had at least one update to the os since I got it on Christmas Day.

no avatar
edu80

Post by edu80 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:02 am

Same here. Struggling to use it for a day. Already off WiFi & always ON function. Really disappointed compared to my previous pebble & amazfit.

no avatar
dylan

Post by dylan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:09 am

I agree, battery is pretty bad. Especially since up to 2 days was promised.
I charge once a day and before I charge it's normally gone fully flat == 0%.

I'm using Ticwatch S official watch face 'Colorful' with Black theme and 'Date', 'Steps', 'Battery' on.

no avatar
ksnyder

Post by ksnyder » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:56 pm

I can make it a full day (5 am - 11 pm) without any problem. Sometimes I am flooded with notifications during the day and the battery is around 35% at bedtime. I turned on a feature yesterday that has killed the battery performance. Connectivity > Bluetooth > Play phone voice on watch. I have had it off, but once I turned it on the battery life became terrible. I wish it wouldn't consume so much power to have the feature on (seems like it would only use power during an actual phone call), but I would rather have it off and not worry about the battery. Hopefully, it will help anyone else having battery problems.