Re: Ticwatch S & E battery life

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
kaide23
Cash on hand: Locked

Post by kaide23 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:45 am

I just bought 2 of it today… And join the community today... It really concerns me now… So far I only saw negative feedbacks more than positive respond. Should I consider cancel my order?

no avatar
hilker09

Post by hilker09 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:02 pm

I rarely take a call on my watch, so I've turned this feature off in hopes of getting a little more battery time. Thanks!

no avatar
ksnyder

Post by ksnyder » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:50 pm

kaide23,

I love my watch. Just keep in mind that most people go to forums for help. This isn't the place to find happy customers in high amount. If someone is happy with a product, they tend to just enjoy it for the most part. It's always easier to find negative reviews because if a person is unhappy they are more likely to post. The watch may not be perfect, but it has been a great addition for me.

no avatar
smalone

Post by smalone » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:15 am

At teh start my battery was OK.i was getting 40 hours out of a single charge.

For the last few days the watch lasts 8 hours on a charge. I have tried rebooting the watch but this doesnt help. Is this happening to anyone else?

no avatar
C4yd3 6

Post by C4yd3 6 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Idk but I'm easily getting 3 days with heavy use on mine I think these people have to many junk apps running in the background and it takes 30 mins to charge so I just pop it on when I'm at lunch and bam another 3 days

no avatar
lpadua

Post by lpadua » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:02 am

The main drainer is "play phone voice call on watch" enabled!

no avatar
Sandmanuk

Post by Sandmanuk » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi All

I just purchased a Ticwatch S and first day was getting max 5 hours and was ready to return it. But had a read of forums and sorted the issue

1. Turned off WiFi
2. Removed fancy facer faces
3. Turned off screen wrist activation. Remember if on screen will be coming on even when your not looking at it. Press to view stop being lazy ;)

I am now getting 25 hrs plus so although the fancy facer faces are really nice its just cosmetic. Use ticwatch own that done eat up all the battery.

I will be keeping my watch

no avatar
batlow

Post by batlow » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:46 pm

guys i solely registered for this post.
first of all thanks for all your help!
i bought an s two weeks ago and was very disappointed at first with bat life <4 hours. now i'm >24h!

how?

the main issue for me was the fitness apps. i deactivated "fit", "fitness" and "health" (settings -> apps -> system apps). everything else does not make that much difference. i have "ok google", wifi, gestures etc. enabled with highest brightness setting. i have been using many different watch faces (my favorites are bits, huskydev calendar and huskydev weather) without significant drain (3-4% / hour)

although it's sad i cannot use the fit app all the time, i only activate it for sports and deactivate afterwards. hopefully google is going to fix the drain problem.

enjoy your watch!

no avatar
12hinch

Post by 12hinch » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:28 pm

Add me to the massive list of people who are having problems with their battery life. I have a Ticwatch S and have run through 4 recommended charging cycles, draining it to 0% and then fully charging, even setting an alarm to check it through the night and disconnecting once 100%. I woke up this morning to 78% after taking it off the charger around 5am and checking again around 8am. 22% in 3hrs of no use is ridiculous.

no avatar
jimw00d

Post by jimw00d » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:57 am

I will be asking for a replacement battery/watch or refund.

It may be true that the battery life is OK if I turn off all of the features that I bought the watch for in the first place. But this is missing the point. I bought a Smartwatch at a reasonable price with a list of features that I wanted to use. I didn't buy a Smartwatch with a list of features that I can't use because the battery is naff.

Basically, reading through these posts, if I turn off Bluetooth, wifi, gestures, and fitness apps, the watch might last a few more hours. Great. What else is left? A smartwatch that isn't smart and that allows me to see the time only if I press a button on the side. A Casio watch for 12 quid would be a better investment if that's the case.

Oh, and of course, as long as I spend every day next to charging point, I can mitigate the crap battery life by re-charging. What if I'm not?

I have to charge my watch twice a day. With normal usage, I lose about 10% battery life every hour. That doesn't even cover a working day. As a bare minimum, I would expect to have to charge once per day, in much the same way as we all do with our phones. This is just about acceptable.

So, Mobvoi, pull your finger out and deliver a software update to help fix the problem or recall the product.