Tilt to Wake DOESN'T work 95% of the time

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
elusivefds
Cash on hand: Locked

Tilt to Wake DOESN'T work 95% of the time

Post by elusivefds » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:51 am

Finally I receive my Ticwatch E but i'm very disappointed.
I would really like to return it and get my money back!

The Tilt to Wake function simply DOESN'T work 95% of the time!!!
I m not sure why, but based on my experience,
95% of the time Tilt to Wake DOES work on Apple Watch; whereas,
95% of the time Tilt to Wake DOESN't work on Ticwatch E.

no avatar
elusivefds

Re: Tilt to Wake DOESN'T work 95% of the time

Post by elusivefds » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:36 am

can anyone confirm with the problem?

no avatar
Zirx

Post by Zirx » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:01 am

With mine it's like 40% of the time that it's not waking up.

no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team

Post by samfong » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:20 am

Hi everyone! I've checked with our engineers, they have asked to check if the other sensors are working properly or not (e.g. step counter). If they are working fine, please send us a video of the gesture so we can determine what the problem is. Thanks!

no avatar
elusivefds

Post by elusivefds » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:05 pm

samfong wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:20 am
Hi everyone! I've checked with our engineers, they have asked to check if the other sensors are working properly or not (e.g. step counter). If they are working fine, please send us a video of the gesture so we can determine what the problem is. Thanks!
hi samfong, thanks for the reply.
i have tried for 2 days, and now i notice that as long as i have a very correct gesture
(which means getting a big movement with my wrist and place my wrist completely horizontally afterwards),
60% of the time if will work (but need to wait around 1-2 seconds before it lights up).
however, if i don't have a very formal movement or i do not place my wrist completely horizontally, it would just not work.
i believe this is a software problem... and i hope it can be fixed asap. i really hope it would have a tilt to wake performance as good as my apple watch.

no avatar
weltonwang88

Post by weltonwang88 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Step counter is decent and the GPS is pretty accurate, however, the gestures are not. To get the watch to wake, you need to try multiple times!

no avatar
davidngming

Post by davidngming » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:44 am

hi Sam,

Just a normal hands up gesture, and i can take a video after work. I am first time to use smart watch, but it can't give me a basic watch experience. As i hands up, it takes around 2-3 seconds to wake my watch or sometime not work, and i need to act like an idiot to shake to twist my hand, hope that can wake my watch. When my watch wake, it will dim around 3s and off screen around 6-7s. Can it set a time longer?

And other problem, there is serious delay notification between phone and watch. Like a incoming call, I see the notification, but my watch vibrate after 10+ seconds. Sometime the call ended, then my watch starts to vibrate....and msg from whatsapp/ wechat having the same problems.

Can these fixed by software upgrade?

no avatar
elusivefds

Post by elusivefds » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:42 am

davidngming wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:44 am
hi Sam,

Just a normal hands up gesture, and i can take a video after work. I am first time to use smart watch, but it can't give me a basic watch experience. As i hands up, it takes around 2-3 seconds to wake my watch or sometime not work, and i need to act like an idiot to shake to twist my hand, hope that can wake my watch. When my watch wake, it will dim around 3s and off screen around 6-7s. Can it set a time longer?

And other problem, there is serious delay notification between phone and watch. Like a incoming call, I see the notification, but my watch vibrate after 10+ seconds. Sometime the call ended, then my watch starts to vibrate....and msg from whatsapp/ wechat having the same problems.

Can these fixed by software upgrade?
Tbh, Apple Watch’s tilt to wake function work 95% of the time and the response time is less than 0.2 seconds.

no avatar
davidngming

Post by davidngming » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:49 pm

Hi Sam,

https://youtu.be/6rUSpadjxNA

Please see the video, I have to wait 1~2 second screen on, and u can see 5~6 second screen off. And if I am not raise my hand with proper gesture, screen will not on. Can you fix it with your engineer team and let us to set the sensitivity by self. Thanks!!!

no avatar
mbnu99

Post by mbnu99 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi there,

I have the same issue and even a violent shank of the write won't light up the watch face, hopefully this is just a software fix Mobvoi can release.

Regards
Martyn