Ambient light sensor

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Gtr33m
Cash on hand: Locked

Ambient light sensor

Post by Gtr33m » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:33 pm

I received my Ticwatch S on Sunday and have been using it for the last 5 days.

Overall I am very happy. I think it has been well thought out and delivers on what was promissed. I own a Sony Smartwatch 3 and a Moto 360 Sport, so I have some direct comparison.

One thing I find puzzling is the lack of an ambient light sensor. The screen is capable of being viewed in near direct sunlight, but I find myself having to change the brightness when moving from indoors to outdoors. This is not easy to do when you cant see the screen.

I strongly suggest this feature be added to future models. In the mean time, is there any way to add a gesture to modify the brightness on certain watch faces? Maybe sliding a finger along the left edge to adjust the brightness up or down?

no avatar
samfong
Mobvoi Team

Re: Ambient light sensor

Post by samfong » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:55 am

Hey Gtr33m,

So glad to hear that you're happy with your Ticwatch S!

Unfortunately, there are no gestures to adjust the brightness, but you can easily swipe down to access the brightness shortcut, and adjust it from there.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. They are great ideas and I will feedback this to the team for our future products! :)

no avatar
Mentalone

Post by Mentalone » Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 pm

It is not easy to just swipe down and see the display brightness up when outside. I keep my brightness level at 1 because in doors its easy to read. But when I dont think about it and go outside, I cant see anything. I need to find indoors, then make the change. It is really frustrating. Maybe since you dont have an ambient sensor, when you swipe down, it automatically puts your brightness at max just for that screen, then you can see what you are changing.

no avatar
francoisp59

Post by francoisp59 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:25 pm

I had the same issue regarding the light sensor, so I wrote an app to change the brightness automatically when I am not linked to a wifi network. The app is free (no ads) and can be obtained on Google Play at

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... autobright

I hope you'll find it useful.

no avatar
mohdziaudin

Post by mohdziaudin » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:56 am

francoisp59 wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:25 pm
I had the same issue regarding the light sensor, so I wrote an app to change the brightness automatically when I am not linked to a wifi network. The app is free (no ads) and can be obtained on Google Play at

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... autobright

I hope you'll find it useful.
Thanks