Volume too low during phone call

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Megahozer
Cash on hand: Locked

Volume too low during phone call

Post by Megahozer » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:44 pm

I can hear the volume good when I play music but when I get a call I have the watch literally in my ear and I can barely hear anything I have the volumes set all the way up please help

no avatar
lcunha

Re: Volume too low during phone call

Post by lcunha » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:08 pm

Same here, samfong any way to fix this?

no avatar
BimboRat

Post by BimboRat » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:12 pm

I've also got this issue.......

no avatar
chuelibrueder

Post by chuelibrueder » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Same problem here, even on max volume I can not understand anything the other person is saying. This should be fixable with an update, since the speaker is obviously capable of louder sounds.

no avatar
boltzkcj

Post by boltzkcj » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:01 pm

I found out in this forum that this was actually a bug. You can try to lower down the volume and then increase the volume during the call.. This will bring back the volume but every call we have to do that? Mobvoi, do something...

no avatar
bitflung

Post by bitflung » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:18 pm

i have this problem too. voice calls on watch are completely inaudible for me when outdoors, and barely audible but still unusable when indoors.

furthermore:
1. answering calls on my phone (phone in hand, swiping to answer via the phone screen) will sometimes AUTOMATICALLY switch the audio over to my watch. that's frustrating. this even happened the other day when placing a call, and the watch wasn't on my wrist it was in the other room on the charger! (note: would be cool if mobvoi disabled the handsfree voice feature when the watch isn't on the wrist... maybe make that an option in settings at least?)

2. with the tic S always connected as a handsfree device, it seems that the phone no longer wants to connect to other handsfree devices, like my car. i frequently have to disable the handsfree voice feature on my tic S to get my phone to connect to my car's bluetooth handsfree system.

i didn't have any such issues with the ticwatch2, which makes me suspect that mobvoi knows how to do it right and perhaps the bug is in code inherited from android wear (maybe not fully optimized for their mediatek platform?)

no avatar
catadarius

Post by catadarius » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:09 pm

I've found a way that raise the volume to the max.

Simply: when you make/answer a call....go in to the volume tab and raise to the max, and then low by one step....and it should work.

so basically you have to 'jingle' a bit with the volume when you're in a call.

Off course, the bad part is that you have to do it every time.
Hope this bug is gonna be solved in the future updates, as obviously is a software problem

no avatar
locomot1f

Post by locomot1f » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:54 am

Yes! This!!!! on my TicWatch E
2. with the tic S always connected as a handsfree device, it seems that the phone no longer wants to connect to other handsfree devices, like my car. i frequently have to disable the handsfree voice feature on my tic S to get my phone to connect to my car's bluetooth handsfree system.

no avatar
Loorenz

Post by Loorenz » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:52 am

catadarius wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:09 pm
I've found a way that raise the volume to the max.

Simply: when you make/answer a call....go in to the volume tab and raise to the max, and then low by one step....and it should work.

so basically you have to 'jingle' a bit with the volume when you're in a call.

Off course, the bad part is that you have to do it every time.
Hope this bug is gonna be solved in the future updates, as obviously is a software problem
this is very boring, we hope that mobvoi will solve this bug!

no avatar
Naifalru

Post by Naifalru » Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:37 pm

same issue