Does Spotify work for anyone?

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
max89
Cash on hand: Locked

Does Spotify work for anyone?

Post by max89 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:33 am

I installed Spotify on my Ticwatch S, but it just says "Connection Failed" every time I start it. Google Assistant doesn't work with spotify either, even though my Google Home Mini behaves normally when I ask it to "Play something (on spotify) on my chrome cast audio".

I tried clearing cache, data, disconnect and factory reset too, doesn't help.

Google Music works fine (although it doesn't actually play on the watch, and instead plays on my phone), unfortunately I don't use Google Music...

no avatar
darren

Re: Does Spotify work for anyone?

Post by darren » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:35 am

I don't know if this helps but you have to download wearify not spotify to the watch. Look in android forums for the solution. I still don't have it working but i am a lot closer than before!

no avatar
locomot1f

Post by locomot1f » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:42 am

I have the TicWatch E, and Spotify works for me.
I can't see that it would be a big difference -- S versus E

I would say, make sure you have Bluetooth on. Spotify is not a standalone app.
It syncs with your phone.
From their website (Spotify), I don't think they plan to offer a wearable app, like Google Music.

I've heard about Wearify, but have not tried that yet, as a stand alone app.

no avatar
jemeenthet

Post by jemeenthet » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:18 am

locomot1f wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:42 am
I have the TicWatch E, and Spotify works for me.
Just to make things clear, You're talking about spotify control on your wrist? That works out of the box. But I think everyone wants a standalone app for Spotify (with offline support). Wearify does the trick, although there is no offline support at this time. And the wifi connection to play songs drains the battery. But it's a promising start! :D

no avatar
The Merg

Post by The Merg » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:59 pm

I have a Ticwatch E and all I get is the "Connection Failed" message as well. I've gotten no help here in the forums or from Spotify.

- Merg

no avatar
locomot1f

Post by locomot1f » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:16 pm

@Merg,

sometimes I just get the "connected" sign, that seems to take forever.

I personally don't really think the Spotify app itself, on Android, is that good.
So, what i usually resort to doing is start playing Spotify on my phone, and then pull up the notifications on my watch.
then things seem to work. I usually keep spotify open on my phone... that seems to help things as well.

Spotify often crashes on my phone -- but that's another topic. Personally, I might think of switching to Google Play.

no avatar
theprofessorodk_

Post by theprofessorodk_ » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:53 pm

Wearify is the only solution for the moment.
Although i haven't found a way to play offline.

Install wearify via play store on your watch.

no avatar
movieking

Post by movieking » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:36 am

My main reason for getting this watch was to listen to Spotify while running without having my phone, and it doesn't seem like it's possible? So what's my options? Just tried to install Wearify on my watch, but it's asking for a QR code, and when I scan it, I get an error (I'm on iOS). Can someone help me out? And what's the best place to check for tips and tricks for this watch? I started to go through the demo on my watch and it stopped for some reason and I'm not sure how to get it back.

no avatar
smcoral

Post by smcoral » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:16 pm

Regrettably, I have not seen any support out of Spotify either to develop an app for Android Wear that will enable music downloads to my Ticwatch. They've worked on the issue for Samsung OS users, but not Android Wear. Not happy about it either. Haven't tried Wearify, but I'm nearly inclined to make the exclusive jump to Google Play Music. That has worked for me flawlessly.

no avatar
Chandrafeed2

Post by Chandrafeed2 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:13 pm

You need open your spotify app on your phone first

When your watch on sync mode with your phone.

Just play the music. And spotify apps on your watch automaticly opened.

If you looking for standalone spotify. Yes. "Wearify" is the solution. But doesnt work with non premium user.

If you looking for standalone and offline music player.

Google music is the option. But unfortunately not work on every region. As sample me from indonesia. Cannot using the apps.

So.. i using

Wear media - music gallery

And using wear file transfer for transfer music from my phone or computer using ftp to my ticwatch.

And its works flawless. :)