Updated to Stable MIUI 9 and now I cant connect to watch

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Eclipze926
Cash on hand: Locked

Updated to Stable MIUI 9 and now I cant connect to watch

Post by Eclipze926 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Hi all,

So I have the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 MTK. I had been using the Beta for MIUI 9 and the watch connected after a bit of fiddling. But I have enabled all the settings on the phone and permissions (as far as I know), with the MIUI stable version, but it still won't connect. I've tried to factory reset the watch multiple times. The phone can find the watch, but then when the pop up comes that asks if I want to pair, and I have to click the checkmark in the green circle on the watch, the circle never appears. Then the phone says its started to connect, and the Watch goes back to the first screen which talks about using Android Wear to connect to the watch. CAn anyone PLEASE help me ? I was really enjoying the watch up until now its a real bummer It has become a paperweight until I can solve this.

Thanks in advance!

no avatar
bugi74

Re: Updated to Stable MIUI 9 and now I cant connect to watch

Post by bugi74 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:59 pm

While your description of what you are doing might be less than precise (and perhaps you are doing things correctly after all, but it is still failing), if I follow what you write exactly, there is a mistake...

Did you read the user guide booklet that game with the watch carefully?
Especially the part that says:

"Setting up and getting started
Note:
You must first pair your watch and phone using the Android Wear app, then pair using the Ticwatch App, otherwise the pairing process would fail. ..."

That is, do not pair by using the phone's OS/normal software. Before pairing the watch, start the Android Wear App and do the pairing inside that app. (etc.)

(The step by step that comes before the above section of the user guide says about the same, but does not emphasize that it could fail if done in wrong order way, but instead even mentions to turn on bluetooth on the phone only just before starting the Wear App.)

That is all I could think of, hope it helps...

no avatar
lihat85

Post by lihat85 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:15 am

maybe you can try disabling MIUI Optimization in Developer Options

no avatar
adrianhughes1998

Post by adrianhughes1998 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:43 pm

i have a Mi Max and connected fine, also turned on Permissions > AutoStart > Android Wear and that seems to have mostly fixed the flaky WiFi/Bluetooth connections turning on and off unreliably.

also went into battery saver to make sure data was never turned off on the phone