Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
lazyfai
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Android Wear Oreo. Status updated*

Post by lazyfai » Sun May 06, 2018 1:47 am

So, again, change the date to end of May?

no avatar
jacobpressures

Post by jacobpressures » Sun May 06, 2018 5:25 am

I hope it is not the end of May, but I do appreciate the feedback!

I really love my watch other than the reminders don't work. That's a big issue for me. The battery DOES NOT LAST 2 days or a 1.5 days. But it has significantly improved. Many days I get up at 7 or 8 am and when i go to bed at 10 or later, it is at 50%.

The last two days the battery has not been so great but it does last me all day. I'm wondering if there is some app that I installed that is causing the problem.

I hear they maybe releasing a Ticwatch with Wear OS that looks like Ticwatch 2. I'm certainly interested especially if it'll be as good or better than the Ticwatch E!!!

no avatar
jimrapc

Post by jimrapc » Mon May 07, 2018 7:47 am

End of June? :evil:

no avatar
illumi241

Post by illumi241 » Mon May 07, 2018 11:00 am

I would rather have a bug free update instead of a rushed one. We don't know which bugs they discovered, but at least they are going to fix them and not release a bugged firmware like other companies would do only to have fast updates...

no avatar
pcas

Post by pcas » Mon May 07, 2018 12:34 pm

I think the posters here have been a bit harsh. Yes, we *ALL* want the update but I think we underestimate the work needed to do the port. Mobvoi uses a different chip than other Android watch makers use and hence will have more work to do. Also, I'd rather that they take a bit of extra time and get it right than rush something out that is buggy. I believe their big failure is in communications. They need customer/community support and they can get that by being more open, communicating more regularly and sharing status frequently.

no avatar
gp1982

Post by gp1982 » Mon May 07, 2018 1:28 pm

lazyfai wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 1:47 am
So, again, change the date to end of May?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

no avatar
aalmada

Post by aalmada » Mon May 07, 2018 3:55 pm

One thing you should have learned from Kickstarter is that the community stays loyal if in the loop. Inform not only of the good news but also the bad ones. We understand delays happen but this is just ridiculous. :roll:

no avatar
timbozo

Post by timbozo » Mon May 07, 2018 5:00 pm

Assuming someone from Mobvoi actually reads this thread ... How about a bit of honesty? If you're not going to give us a release please be up front about it rather than dragging it on week after week. Repeated broken promises are what bad, or struggling companies put out ... I don't believe you're either.
We put our faith in you, a relatively unknown entity, it's time you repaid that faith with some solid promises that you make good on, or at the very least an apology that the update just isn't going to happen. Thanks.

no avatar
lazyfai

Post by lazyfai » Tue May 08, 2018 2:55 pm

We are not rushing for the update (software update), but at least when you said "it is coming out end of March", don't just disappear and come back at the last few days of March saying there will be a delay. And after one month, they did the same thing, saying "it will be rolling out in a few days", and then disappeared. Now "a few days" passed, but we received no update (information update) if it is coming "in a few days" again, or will be delay again.

no avatar
chadb2448

Post by chadb2448 » Wed May 09, 2018 12:18 pm

Has Jamie gone AWOL? Haven't seen an update since 3 May when it was mentioned the update would come "in a few days."