Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
tangkije

Re: Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Post by tangkije » Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:35 pm

Please update it one more time so we can have dark background.... That my only wish for you mobvoi

no avatar
Minecrimex

Post by Minecrimex » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:37 pm

I would be very glad to see some updates for my Ticwatch S, If I don't, I will be affraid that I can never buy a product of Mobvoi again because of the lack of software-support and standard maintainence capabilities.

Best regards and with much hope for a sign of you,
Lukas Krähling

no avatar
C.Chuzeville

Post by C.Chuzeville » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Unfortunately, for me,update failed between Nougat and Oreo. Does anyone send to me system partition if update worked on oreo with twrp in order to flash it on my side? thanks in advance.I couldn't find valid flashable image on forums....

no avatar
zkosaras

Post by zkosaras » Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:37 pm

Please update the Ticwatch E software to add or enable the real dark system theme (as a Christmas gift 😉).
Lot of users miss this feature for a long time.

Thank you!

no avatar
fubo

Post by fubo » Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:05 pm

C.Chuzeville wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:30 pm
Unfortunately, for me,update failed between Nougat and Oreo. Does anyone send to me system partition if update worked on oreo with twrp in order to flash it on my side? thanks in advance.I couldn't find valid flashable image on forums....
I do not know if Mobvoi can solve the issue. Also my brand new Ticwatch E arrived with Nougat, although first Oreo update was delivered in May 2018. But I presume that more updates where pushed by Mobvoi. I had same experience, latest update cannot be flashed, there are errors in update procedure. I believe Mobvoi tested updates only from previous version, not from earlier ones, and they are not selling up-to-dated units.
A procedure is available on XDA. This procedure uses first Oreo image to update the Ticwatch E to May software. When you restart the watch, it founds latest update and executes it flawlessly. Mine is now updated at Oct 2018 security patch level.