Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
hedge
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Android Wear Oreo. Status updated*

Post by hedge » Thu May 03, 2018 10:59 am

I would like to know when the "Android Wear Oreo" will hit our ticwatchs (S &E), since we are now in May?

no avatar
ilija69

Post by ilija69 » Thu May 03, 2018 11:21 am

Now this:

*****Update 2 (3th May 2018)*******

Apologies for the delay. We do not have a fixed date but the update should roll out in a few days.

Thank you for the patience.

Yours sincerely,
The Mobvoi Team

What comes next?

Apologize for our bad support and we admit making a bad produkt. We give you your money back if your not satisfied.

April fool's day

no avatar
thenenea

Post by thenenea » Thu May 03, 2018 1:03 pm

Hi,

End of April release but which year? 2019,2020?

It is starting to look like another Almond+ story to me:
Backed the project on Kickstarter, product came in, never worked properly, updates were delayed repeatedly and before even fixing the basic functionality the producer launched two more ambitious projects guaranteeing that all their experienced engineers and developers would not be available to fix what's broken.
  • My Ticwatch E is dead before 5 PM (my day starts at 7AM so less than 12 hours of usage) and that is only with the digital watch face showing and 50% brightness and occasional notification popping up(no reply, just glance and dismiss). I repeat: no gps tracking or navigation, no pulse checking, just the time and pop up notifications.
  • While connected to Wi-Fi but not in range of the phone it will be dumb as a brick: no weather update, no voice commands.
  • Google assistant has no voice feedback although the watch has a speaker.
Quite interesting how those features have been working on Wear watches from other manufactures since 2015...

So, any chance that we might get at least the standard features of Wear OS as already deployed by every other manufacturer and hopefully, before the end of 2018?

no avatar
maffle

Post by maffle » Thu May 03, 2018 10:07 pm

: D

no avatar
jonnythedennis

Post by jonnythedennis » Thu May 03, 2018 11:20 pm

I am no longer going to support this company... And I will be sure to not recommend this watch to no one else. You have had your chance to supply updates to your ticwatch. I understand delays. But poor communication demonstrates lack of respect for your customers and is enough for me to drop out. I was going to even buy your new headphones. Enough is enough. Mobvoi this is not how you run a company and a seriously disappointed. No excuses.

no avatar
Boricua94

Post by Boricua94 » Fri May 04, 2018 1:36 am

Incredible that still you guys doesn't have any concrete date for the update rollout. Kinda dissapointed.

no avatar
Proche72

Post by Proche72 » Fri May 04, 2018 4:35 am

Sooo? It is allready May guys. You really wanna makes as think of you as scammers?

no avatar
Ogar1978

Post by Ogar1978 » Fri May 04, 2018 10:31 am

So another delay and this time Mobi isn't even communicating with us. Guess they are more worried about their newest Kickstarter and not supporting their current products.
Mobi if you want to build a great business this is not how you build a loyal fan base. This is how you like your business.

no avatar
Naifalru

Post by Naifalru » Sat May 05, 2018 2:53 pm

It's the 5th of May and still no update :|

no avatar
bhouston

Post by bhouston » Sat May 05, 2018 11:56 pm

Another deadline come and gone.