Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Nightguard
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Post by Nightguard » Mon May 21, 2018 5:18 am

Sparky92 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 11:16 pm
I have a black ticwatch e and my wife has the white one. We both got the oreo update and for some reason mine got the black theme while hers is still the green/gray one. Is anyone else having this problem? I've been trying to figure out how to enable the black theme on hers but can't figure it out for the life of me. I even did a factory reset on hers thinking it would fix it but it didn't.
That's really strange. Could you please check the versions on your mobile system info (Wear OS, Home App, Build Number, ...)? Thanks!

no avatar
chipazard

Post by chipazard » Mon May 21, 2018 9:56 am

We would have to be some kind of application to be able to change the base theme Ui

no avatar
roadrich

Post by roadrich » Mon May 21, 2018 3:13 pm

Is there a way to force an update? Mine is still stuck on 1.1 and I suspect that is why my watch suddenly started having freezing screen issues and rebooting at least 2-3 times a day.

no avatar
theonlyrick

Post by theonlyrick » Mon May 21, 2018 7:50 pm

I've updated my review on amazon so it's 2 star. As soon there is an update that improves the battery, it'll go up to 5.

Can you give us a downloadable file so that we can roll back to whatever we had before Oreo, please?

The update has totally killed my battery life. I used to *use* about 80% of battery by the time I was heading home. Now I'm using about 150% i a day (ie I have to totally recharge it, and it uses half the available battery after that).

mikner's post a few posts back said that s/he had improved battery life by switching off gestures. I'm gonna try that, but it's a bit of a pain to have to do that, given that the battery was pretty good before.

I also would slightly like the black background, but much more important (obvs) is to at least get the battery life back to what it was, before the... 'improvement'.

no avatar
Naifalru

Post by Naifalru » Mon May 21, 2018 7:53 pm

natarau wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 9:52 am
Black theme disappears after updating wear os
same exact thing happened to me

no avatar
Fredke

Post by Fredke » Mon May 21, 2018 8:35 pm

We are the 21.05.2018 and when going to settings, sytem, version, I'm still seeing OS Wear 1.1... when trying to update, the system tells me I'm Up to date...

Is this normal ? (ticwatch E, bought 2 months ago on amazon.fr)

no avatar
maffle

Post by maffle » Mon May 21, 2018 11:34 pm

Im not happy with this update. Theme needs to be black. And my watch is terrible slow everytime I wake it up, it lags all the time. Swipe is frozen a lot of time because watch seems to do background tasks.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Tue May 22, 2018 3:12 am

Fredke wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 8:35 pm
We are the 21.05.2018 and when going to settings, sytem, version, I'm still seeing OS Wear 1.1... when trying to update, the system tells me I'm Up to date...

Is this normal ? (ticwatch E, bought 2 months ago on amazon.fr)
Wear OS 1.1 is correct. Not to worry

no avatar
charleswtucker

Post by charleswtucker » Tue May 22, 2018 6:01 am

maffle wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:34 pm
Im not happy with this update. Theme needs to be black. And my watch is terrible slow everytime I wake it up, it lags all the time. Swipe is frozen a lot of time because watch seems to do background tasks.
Would you please explain the "theme", as I do not see green anywhere. Would you please upload a screenshot of what you are speaking about.

I had the exact same problem of my Ticwatch S being terribly slow when I woke it up, too. I wouldn't call what I did a "fix" or a "solution", but I just restarted my Ticwatch S maybe three (3) or four (4) times in a row, and for the moment, it seems to have worked.

I am near willing to just factory reset my Ticwatch S and re-calibrate the battery, again.

Does anyone here have a better solution that worked for them?

no avatar
knitterb

Post by knitterb » Tue May 22, 2018 9:47 pm

According to Google, Mobvoi is still "pursuing" a Wear OS upgrade. I'm still on version 1.1.

https://support.google.com/wearos/thread/25693?hl=en