Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
simon8888
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Post by simon8888 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:43 am

I am facing issue with WhatsApp notification too even I have been updated to version 1.2

no avatar
SteveD

Post by SteveD » Wed May 23, 2018 3:16 am

How do you know if the update has been done? Mine seems no different than it was weeks ago.

no avatar
ollik

Post by ollik » Wed May 23, 2018 5:54 am

[/quote]
Wear OS 1.1 is correct. Not to worry
[/quote]

Hi Jamie, what does that mean? People within this forum are citing Wear OS 2.0. My watch is running 1.1. Does this mean that there are differnt versions out, or that Mobvoi decided to stop the roll out of Wear 2.0 or that I will receive an update soon? I am confused as it is advertised everywhere that the Watch runs Wear 2.0 - that it does not when looking in the version info. Thank you for the info.

no avatar
Fredke

Post by Fredke » Wed May 23, 2018 6:57 am

It seems that since last update, the "OK Google" to launch vocal commands doesn't work anymore... I tried differents kinds to say it with english, french accents, nothing to do. I checked and the option is well activated...

Any idea ? It worked before...

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Wed May 23, 2018 7:45 am

knitterb wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:47 pm
According to Google, Mobvoi is still "pursuing" a Wear OS upgrade. I'm still on version 1.1.

https://support.google.com/wearos/thread/25693?hl=en
Just to clarify, Wear OS 1.1 (Formerly Android Wear 2.0+) are the same. It is currently 1.1 because this is the first version after the name change. Also, the post was last updated on 19 April and we released the update in May

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Wed May 23, 2018 7:46 am

ollik wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 5:54 am
Wear OS 1.1 is correct. Not to worry
[/quote]

Hi Jamie, what does that mean? People within this forum are citing Wear OS 2.0. My watch is running 1.1. Does this mean that there are differnt versions out, or that Mobvoi decided to stop the roll out of Wear 2.0 or that I will receive an update soon? I am confused as it is advertised everywhere that the Watch runs Wear 2.0 - that it does not when looking in the version info. Thank you for the info.
[/quote]

HI,
Just to clarify, Wear OS 1.1 (Formerly Android Wear 2.0+) are the same. It is currently 1.1 because this is the first version after the name change.
There is no Wear OS 2.0. Hope this clears up stuff

no avatar
Fir3lordZuk0

Post by Fir3lordZuk0 » Wed May 23, 2018 8:22 am

Any solution for 'something went wrong, that's not available on this device' while using Google assistant? I can't use Google assistant for anything since Oreo update.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Wed May 23, 2018 8:31 am

Fir3lordZuk0 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:22 am
Any solution for 'something went wrong, that's not available on this device' while using Google assistant? I can't use Google assistant for anything since Oreo update.
We are aware of this and are looking into the issue

Jamie

no avatar
hipy-10

Post by hipy-10 » Wed May 23, 2018 9:52 am

Jamie wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:31 am
Fir3lordZuk0 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:22 am
We are aware of this and are looking into the issue

Jamie
hello if it's any use to me I stopped working the command ok Google after the update, delete application wear os in the mobile and I reinstalled and did 2 factory reset the clock, it did not help, the command was still without working, however yesterday I tried it and it worked and I do not understand why ...

no avatar
charleswtucker

Post by charleswtucker » Thu May 24, 2018 4:09 am

maffle wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 11:34 pm
Im not happy with this update. Theme needs to be black. And my watch is terrible slow everytime I wake it up, it lags all the time. Swipe is frozen a lot of time because watch seems to do background tasks.
I have turned off Wi-Fi and GPS, disabled Google FIt, and only have one (1) watch face "pre-loaded" when swiping right and now my Ticwatch S is speedy and responsive. I hope that disabling most of a smartwatch's core features isn't what is "fixing" the lag. Maybe the processor is overwhelmed with all the sensors, along with Wear OS 1.1.

Again, hopefully not.