Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
voidx
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Post by voidx » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:43 pm

I have same trouble like Rub. Connection is fuzzy 80% of time is working but not quite well ( overall slow reponse than previous version) and 20% is not working at all.
I am not happy with this watch. I would not recommend it :-(

no avatar
hipy-10

Post by hipy-10 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:03 pm

Hello it's been a while since the update to Android 8, the clock goes with lag, Google assistant or does not work the command by voice, and if you manage to make it work the command by voice has no audio output, the bluetooth does not It gives more than problems, it constantly disengages from the clock, I do not know how many factory reset, I tried all the possible configurations .... and there is no way, this clock is useless, do you have thought to correct the problems at some point? You do not answer any user posts, thanks

no avatar
Fir3lordZuk0

Post by Fir3lordZuk0 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:52 pm

From last couple of days I am facing weird problem.
When I connect watch to phone via Bluetooth the watch does not show that it's connected (icon is disabled and in settings also it shows disconnected).
However, my phone and wear os app on phone shows my watch is connected. I also get all notifications and calls BUT internet does not work. When I open playstore it says retry and never connects.

I have watch restarting, delete data of Google app, delete data of wear os app but no luck.

Any suggestions? I don't want to reset the watch, last time I had lot of troubles after reseting and I was unable to configure it with phone.

EDIT: it resolved after clearing phone cache from recovery

no avatar
jelennn

Post by jelennn » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:13 pm

The watch after the update is terrible. A very large number of random reboots of the watch. A dozen restarts per week, for no reason. Producer doesn't improve anything ... When is the update that will make the watch work normally @Jamie? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

no avatar
Fir3lordZuk0

Post by Fir3lordZuk0 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:07 am

Fir3lordZuk0 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:39 pm
Jamie wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:18 am
Fir3lordZuk0 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 am

Thanks Jamie
Keep us posted. Any tentative date for fix?
This should be fixed with the latest update on the Google Play store.

Cheers
This is still not working properly. Moreover, the response is very very slow. The experience is no where close to android 7.1.1
Google assistant was my daily driver before Oreo update, now I can't even use it
This is still not working. Google assistant fails when trying to send voice messages. Moreover,it's not recognising the words correctly

no avatar
ChIP_83

Post by ChIP_83 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:28 pm

same problem for me, google assistant as not voice output... with oreo

no avatar
Fir3lordZuk0

Post by Fir3lordZuk0 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:11 am

Fir3lordZuk0 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:39 pm
Jamie wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 3:18 am
Fir3lordZuk0 wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 am

Thanks Jamie
Keep us posted. Any tentative date for fix?
This should be fixed with the latest update on the Google Play store.

Cheers
This is still not working properly. Moreover, the response is very very slow. The experience is no where close to android 7.1.1
Google assistant was my daily driver before Oreo update, now I can't even use it
Still not working, error appears after giving command to GA (something went wrong)

no avatar
Uberfish

Post by Uberfish » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:43 pm

Multiple issues here also. Connectivity, lag and lack of notifications in some apps with the google assistant being pretty much unusable since the Oreo update. Where the hell is the software update or ability to roll back the patch? Terrible support here. Worst I've ever experienced.

no avatar
EPCOT99

Post by EPCOT99 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi there,
Looking for some help. I have just taken delivery of a new Ticwatch E under warranty as my old one bit the dust.
It's says I have an update but when I try and install it I get the little android guy with the warning sign and it fails to install. I've tried maybe 5 or 6 times. After it fails it says the system is up to date. Which I don't think it is, as on start up I'm still getting the android wear start up logo and not the wear os my old ticwatch showed before it went wrong.
My ticwatch shows.
Wear os version 2.14.0.25078731
Android os 7.1.1
Is this what it should be?
If anyone has any advice/handy hints I'd be grateful.
Many thanks.

no avatar
Xin0

Post by Xin0 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:31 am

Hi,

It will be release android wear 2.0 for ticwatch E?

Best regards