Android Wear Oreo. *Final Update*

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
fankewong
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Android Wear Oreo. Status updated*

Post by fankewong » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Found that Google has update Ticwatch had Oreo update, but not the true fact.

When will Movie release the update to users?

https://support.google.com/wearos/thread/25693?hl=en

no avatar
dleasman

Re: Android Wear Oreo update.

Post by dleasman » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 pm

Jamie wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:44 pm
We are in the final stages of testing. There were some bugs encountered which has led to some delays and we want to ensure there are no software issues when we release it for you guys. Thank you for the patience. I will definitely update more on the progress in the following days.

Best regards,
Jamie
Jamie, you stated first that the update was confirmed for the end of March, then the update above saying it was delayed, but did not give any detail of how long. You did, however, state that we should be patient, and you would update more in the following days. Well, we have been patient, but now more than 2 weeks later, you have not provided any updates at all, that I can find. Google is stating that TicWatch S and E have the oreo update... But this is not true. It is important to keep your customers informed, if you want any kind of repeat or future business, so keeping them up to date is key. Meaning, I think it's time for a revised update with more detail.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Re: Android Wear Oreo update.

Post by Jamie » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:23 am

dleasman wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:03 pm
Jamie wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:44 pm
We are in the final stages of testing. There were some bugs encountered which has led to some delays and we want to ensure there are no software issues when we release it for you guys. Thank you for the patience. I will definitely update more on the progress in the following days.

Best regards,
Jamie
Jamie, you stated first that the update was confirmed for the end of March, then the update above saying it was delayed, but did not give any detail of how long. You did, however, state that we should be patient, and you would update more in the following days. Well, we have been patient, but now more than 2 weeks later, you have not provided any updates at all, that I can find. Google is stating that TicWatch S and E have the oreo update... But this is not true. It is important to keep your customers informed, if you want any kind of repeat or future business, so keeping them up to date is key. Meaning, I think it's time for a revised update with more detail.
Hi,

There was an update posted on the first post of this thread. We are working with Google to bring it to you guys. If read carefully, we are still in the stages of implementing as opposed to implemented. We understand the importance of keeping our users informed and will like to thank you for the feedback.

Best regards,
Jamie

no avatar
bobo2beat1

Post by bobo2beat1 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:45 pm

fankewong wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:46 pm

How do you interpret this information as the update is available. The page clearly includes two distinct groups of watches: 1 that has already received the update and 1 that is currently pursuing the update. the tickwatch is in the second. Moreover, who prefers an early update to a bug free update.. I would rather Mobvoi take their time and release a stable oreo. The delay is kind of disappointing but stuff like that happens, even Microsoft is delaying their Spring update, despite being Microsoft. As someone mentioned, this is a budget brand too, so wait patiently or go buy yourself an LG/Huawei watch. :lol: :lol: :lol:

no avatar
soohorang
Bank: Locked

Post by soohorang » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:39 am

fankewong wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:46 pm

Have you do this manually of automatic?

no avatar
jacobpressures

Post by jacobpressures » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:12 am

Well I'm excited about the update. I'd rather Mobvoi take its time and create a great experience as it has rather than botch it.

We have a wonderful watch. I'm hoping they can get the reminders working. My Ticwatch E is growing on me despite its looks.

no avatar
lazyfai

Post by lazyfai » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:23 am

So, finally April is approaching its end in a week.
Another delay?
End of May?
End of Summer?
End of 2018?

no avatar
chetangoswani

Post by chetangoswani » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:06 pm

Jamie wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:05 am
Hi all,

We can see that a lot of our users are asking about the latest Android Wear Oreo update and we are excited to announce that the Ticwatch S & E will be updated to this latest version of Android Wear.

Tentatively, it is set to roll in during sometime during the month of March. Any changes in the dates will be released here.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
The Mobvoi Team

*****Updates*****

Due to unexpected circumstances, Android Wear Oreo Update will be delayed to the end of April. We sincerely apologize for this delay and are working very hard to integrate the operating software into our watches as soon as possible..

The Oreo update will include

1. Notification vibration strength setting
2. Touch lock option for wet conditions
3. Support for 7 new countries/languages
4. Notification Channels
5. Battery saving background limits

Yours sincerely,
The Mobvoi Team
Jamie,

We are approaching last week of April and expecting this time mobvoi won't disappoint us and provide useful update which is due from long time.
Hoping for best.

Regards

no avatar
viherco

Post by viherco » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:13 pm

let's wait seated ... they already have what they wanted, let's buy the clock :(

no avatar
maffle

Post by maffle » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:29 pm

Sadly... this is happening if you buy products which were financed through kickstarter. They wont get updates anymore after a few months. I wished it had been differently, but I saw it coming. We have to try to sell our Ticwatch on ebay maybe and get a ok price until too late, and wait for another proper Android Watch. Unfortunately, there is no one on the market right now.