Tickwatch E showing disconnected

Moderators: Aathif Mahir, Chintannapster, Sabertooth

no avatar
danmhunter
Cash on hand: Locked

Tickwatch E showing disconnected

Post by danmhunter » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:02 pm

My tickwatch E is showing the little cloud icon and fails to load any results (with WiFi off) on any connectivity like the play store or weather.
However, I get all notifications. My AW app shows it as connected and my tickwatch app also says connected.
I even managed to request a screenshot, as attached, showing the cloud icon.
Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?
I've tried restoring both phone and watch, to no avail.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Re: Tickwatch E showing disconnected

Post by Jamie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:24 am

danmhunter wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:02 pm
My tickwatch E is showing the little cloud icon and fails to load any results (with WiFi off) on any connectivity like the play store or weather.
However, I get all notifications. My AW app shows it as connected and my tickwatch app also says connected.
I even managed to request a screenshot, as attached, showing the cloud icon.
Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this?
I've tried restoring both phone and watch, to no avail.
Hi,

Can you check the following

1. Check that cellular data on your phone is working correctly
2. Ensure that you have enable mobile data on your phone for the applications you are trying to use

Best wishes,
Jamie

no avatar
danmhunter

Post by danmhunter » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:10 pm

Hi Jamie,
Thanks for your reply.

Mobile data is working just fine for all applications on my phone and no settings are set to be different for each application.
Hopefully you have some more suggestions.

Thanks again,
Dan

no avatar
zeiphon

Post by zeiphon » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:19 pm

I'm also getting this issue quite a lot!

Bluetooth is saying disconnected on the watch but connected on the phone and android wear & ticwatch apps.
Notifications come through, but there doesn't seem to be network connectivity (eg google assistant doesn't work)

no avatar
byung

Post by byung » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:56 am

Newly registered here.... although I got my Ticwatch E last year.

Not only this watch keeps disconnecting, but also affecting my other devices' bluetooth connections. I had my AirPod connected to my iPhone 7, after adding this watch into the list, once the watch got disconnected, my AirPod will be disconnected at the same time. That's very annoying.

I believe this is the watch issue, cos when I turn off the bluetooth of the watch, everything is just fine, except that I can't get any notification with it.... sigh, that's the reason I got this watch!

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:58 am

zeiphon wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Bluetooth is saying disconnected on the watch but connected on the phone and android wear & ticwatch apps.
Notifications come through, but there doesn't seem to be network connectivity (eg google assistant doesn't work)
May I confirm what phone are you using?

Jamie

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 am

byung wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:56 am
Newly registered here.... although I got my Ticwatch E last year.

Not only this watch keeps disconnecting, but also affecting my other devices' bluetooth connections. I had my AirPod connected to my iPhone 7, after adding this watch into the list, once the watch got disconnected, my AirPod will be disconnected at the same time. That's very annoying.

I believe this is the watch issue, cos when I turn off the bluetooth of the watch, everything is just fine, except that I can't get any notification with it.... sigh, that's the reason I got this watch!
Regarding the disconnection issue, it is indeed a limitation of Android Wear with IOS and there is little we can do on the hardware side as Android Wear OS is owned by google and its compatibility with IOS will definitely be more limited as compared to Android.

I will now explain why your disconnection problems occurred and how you can mitigate them.

1. The battery saving function on the watch does kill the connection with IOS. Ensure that your watch is always charged and not in power saving mode.

2. Ensure your watch and phone are always in range. Should they ever be out of range and disconnect, IOS will likely kill the auto re-connection and you have to manually pair them again.

3. If you have problem pairing after the connection is killed off, put the watch on airplane mode for 10 seconds before off-ing it. Sometimes, you also have to manually open the Android Wear app and tap on the watch reconnect card for the watch to reconnect with the phone.

4. Bluetooth and 4G CAN coexist. However, you will only be able to access google play store & google assistant when you are connected to Wifi. When connected via bluetooth and 4G, you can still receive call and message notifications. Note that for IOS, you will receive a call or message notification on your watch, you will have to answer/reply it on your phone.

Once the dis-connectivity issue has been resolved, you should be able to use your Airpods.

As for the watch affecting the bluetooth connection of your Airpods, it will be best to raise the issue with Apple support so that they are aware of the situation.

I hope I answered your questions and have a great day.

Best wishes,

no avatar
byung

Post by byung » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:29 am

How much % of power I should keep in order not to trigger "Power Saving Mode"?

Every time the watch got disconnected, is when I was listening to music, which means my watch and my phone are on my hands. I shouldn't expect any disconnect by iPhone, right? But it's just disconnected.... any pull my AirPods off the connection too...
Jamie wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 am
Regarding the disconnection issue, it is indeed a limitation of Android Wear with IOS and there is little we can do on the hardware side as Android Wear OS is owned by google and its compatibility with IOS will definitely be more limited as compared to Android.

I will now explain why your disconnection problems occurred and how you can mitigate them.

1. The battery saving function on the watch does kill the connection with IOS. Ensure that your watch is always charged and not in power saving mode.

2. Ensure your watch and phone are always in range. Should they ever be out of range and disconnect, IOS will likely kill the auto re-connection and you have to manually pair them again.

3. If you have problem pairing after the connection is killed off, put the watch on airplane mode for 10 seconds before off-ing it. Sometimes, you also have to manually open the Android Wear app and tap on the watch reconnect card for the watch to reconnect with the phone.

4. Bluetooth and 4G CAN coexist. However, you will only be able to access google play store & google assistant when you are connected to Wifi. When connected via bluetooth and 4G, you can still receive call and message notifications. Note that for IOS, you will receive a call or message notification on your watch, you will have to answer/reply it on your phone.

Once the dis-connectivity issue has been resolved, you should be able to use your Airpods.

As for the watch affecting the bluetooth connection of your Airpods, it will be best to raise the issue with Apple support so that they are aware of the situation.

Best wishes,

no avatar
zeiphon

Post by zeiphon » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:30 am

Jamie wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:58 am
zeiphon wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:19 pm

May I confirm what phone are you using?

Jamie

Sure, it's a:
Sony Xperia Z5 compact (E5823)
Android 6.0.1
(Kernel version 3.10.84-perf-gf38969a)
Build number 32.2.A.0.305

Let me know if you need any more information!

no avatar
byung

Post by byung » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:43 am

So, how much % of power the watch should get in order not to trigger the "Power Saving Mode"?

I am very sure that every time my watch got disconnected, I am having my phone on hand cos I am listening to music with my AirPods. All the sudden my AirPods become silent... and I realize it's bcos of my watch got disconnected. So, I am very sure that my watch and my phone are in very close proximity.

Then, what should I do?
Jamie wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 am

Best wishes,