Tickwatch E showing disconnected

Moderators: markrocha, GordonHannan

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Re: Tickwatch E showing disconnected

Post by Jamie » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:16 am

Your watch will go into power saving mode at 15%. How frequent does this disconnection occur?

no avatar
byung

Post by byung » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:31 am

I am quite sure my watch is having enough juice, and is definitely more than 15% at most of the time.

It doesn't disconnect regularly.... ranging from 5mins to 30mins. This morning, when I was commuting to office, during that 40mins time, I got disconnected 4 times....
Jamie wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:16 am
Your watch will go into power saving mode at 15%. How frequent does this disconnection occur?

no avatar
danmhunter

Post by danmhunter » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:29 pm

Sadly I am still getting this issue, I am on an Android phone running 8.1 too, so should not be getting any issues similar to the iOS users.

It means that I cannot use any watch face that requires a connection (i.e. weather or location-based updates visible)

Do we have any other ideas on this? As it is very much spoiling my Ticwatch experience.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:58 am

Do help me to try out if a pseudo "hard reset" will fix this frequent disconnection.

Hard reset by turning on airplane mode for 10-15 seconds and then pairing the watch again.

Best regards,
Jamie

no avatar
byung

Post by byung » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:42 am

Tried the “hard reset”, enjoyed a good 40mins connection, and disconnected just now....

Is there any way to get a low energy connection like what Pebble has? Would this help the disconnection issue?

no avatar
zeiphon

Post by zeiphon » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:55 am

Doing the airplane mode 'reset' doesn't help the issue for me.

I can even take screenshots via the Wear OS app while the watch is in a "disconnected" state?
Attachments
ticwatch_disconnected_bluetooth.png
ticwatch_disconnected_bluetooth.png (14.7 KiB) Viewed 2775 times

no avatar
Sgb66699

Post by Sgb66699 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:59 pm

I recently updated Android Wear software, now called "Wear OS" and the issue is still here on my Ticwatch E.
Bluetooth is connected, I receive notifications, but I can't use online features like launch play store, search with voice, even send a text with voice!!

I tried almost everything to solve this, factory reset on watch and phone, uninstalling, install again, plane mode... Nothing works.
When I reboot the phone, it's working like 1 hour and then it's gone...

Wear OS : 2.10.0.188487362

OnePlus 5T :
OxygenOS 5.0.4, Android 8.0.0

I hope this could help and that you guys will be able to fix it because it's really annoying.

no avatar
TicwatchEFan

Post by TicwatchEFan » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:57 pm

My watch keeps disconnecting from my phone at least 2 or 3 times a day. I have to constantly reset both my watch and my phone. Anyone have the same issue? I can still get notifications but can't Google voice reply or use ok google

no avatar
MrGummido

Post by MrGummido » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:03 am

Having the same issue 2 months later. Has anyone found a solution?

no avatar
davidwyl

Post by davidwyl » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:23 am

I constantly facing this issue since the first day I got my ticwatch E from crowd funding campaign.

Bluetooth stay connected for 10-30mins and drop. Once it drop, it will never come back unless u off the Bluetooth and turn it back on. Sometimes that won't connect , I need to restart the phone and watch in order to get the watch connect to my phone.

My 20dollar Bluetooth earphones from unknown brand cam stay connected to my phone and never drop. Mobvoi team can't even make Bluetooth connection stay connect for more than 30mins.

Did I mention the only guide u will get from mobvoi team is factory reset/hard reset?
I Reset and factory reset the watch nearly 10times since the first day I got the watch. Nothing help. yet this is still the only advise from team Mobvoi.