Is this battery life normal?

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Cougar694u
Cash on hand: Locked

Is this battery life normal?

Post by Cougar694u » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:16 pm

I've had my Ticwatch E for about a week. I did as suggested, charged it to 100% and wore it until it died. Did this three times and it has gotten better, but I can't get a full 24hrs out of it if I do any activity tracking.

If I don't do any tracking, I can get about 30hrs out of it. With GPS tracking, it's obviously worse. I actually used GPS tracking to kill the battery on one of the first cycles :D

I charged it last night, put it on around 10pm, wore it to bed and tracked sleep with Sleep As Android, then my typical workout in the morning with anywhere from 15min to 45min of freestyle activity tracking without GPS (18min this morning) and it's at 18% right now. I typically have brightness at 3, and put it in theater mode at night.

Is this about normal for this watch?
Screenshot_20180316-170126.png
Screenshot_20180316-170126.png (117.17 KiB) Viewed 1831 times

no avatar
Obiwanhug

Re: Is this battery life normal?

Post by Obiwanhug » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:37 pm

30 hours with a charge is not really bad, comparing with other watches! However is a little far from the autonomy announced! Never the less this devices tend to get better with some usage! For instance I have a Lg G watch R that, on good days, can get 2 days of autonomy, but at the begging it can hardly get a day, in fact when I get 18 hours was great, but now with almost 3 years I get almost 48 hours!

Give it some time!

no avatar
elementaldragon

Re: Is this battery life normal?

Post by elementaldragon » Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:37 am

Compared to my (brief) experience with a Gear S2.... anything even remotely close to a full day's usage is MORE than acceptable. I'd swear with that thing, i could have been doing nothing but sitting there staring at the watch, and watched the percentage drop. I had it fully charged, and didn't even make it through a 7.5 hour shift at work before it was basically dead.