Ticwatch E....connection issue with iPhone 7

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Sonny G
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch E....connection issue with iPhone 7

Post by Sonny G » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:11 pm

I have had ‘E’ for few months now. Overall this is a good watch and I like it for its looks and what it can potentially do. But very frustrated with connection on my iPhone 7 (iOS 11.3).

- Disconnects abruptly
o Phone is always on my desk and never more than 5 to 10 feet away from the watch
- Sometimes I receive some notifications but not all

I have had other smart watches as well. By far, I have liked ‘E’ and stopped using other watches. But due to connection issues, I have started using other watches when I am in meetings all day. Don’t want to look at my phone in front of my clients. I am losing confidence in ‘E’.

Any Tips or Tricks would be helpful. Please help.

Thanks

no avatar
ahkit

Re: Ticwatch E....connection issue with iPhone 7

Post by ahkit » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:53 pm

i have a ip7+. i’m running on ios 11.1.2
after the recent upgrade of the wear os ver 3.1.3 row from appstore, i no longer experience bluetooth disconnect.

in order for the bluetooth not to disconnect make sure the wear os is never closed. let it run at the background. I don’t have the latest ios to try. but give it a try hope it helps

no avatar
Sonny G

Re: Ticwatch E....connection issue with iPhone 7

Post by Sonny G » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:17 pm

Thanks. I re-set E and updated app and now the connection is working. But with the new update....battery life is gone. :evil:

I will give it another 3-4 days and see how it pans out....but my battery is dead.

If this doesn't work then I guess, I will store E and go back to my other Smartwatch.