Watch won’t Connect to Bluetooth, Even Though Phone Says They Are Connected

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Mwhoisy
Cash on hand: Locked

Watch won’t Connect to Bluetooth, Even Though Phone Says They Are Connected

Post by Mwhoisy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:43 am

My 2 week old TicWatch E is constantly showing it is disconnected via Bluetooth from my iPhone. I go into the Bluetooth settings on the iPhone, and it says they are connected. I will tell the phone to forget the watch and then readd it and I will get the matching pairing numbers on both devices and pair them, but no change. I have tried the Wear app and it tells me to just click on the card of the disconnected device on the watch, and I try and click it on the watch and nothing happens. I know that the devices are on two operating systems, so there will be some glitches, but this is rendering the watch useless with the phone. Any suggestions?

no avatar
ahkit
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Watch won’t Connect to Bluetooth, Even Though Phone Says They Are Connected

Post by ahkit » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:02 pm

i’m using iphone 7+ on ios 11.1.2.
i got my ticwatch e 2 weeks ago as well. was having a hell lots of connectivity issue with my iphone as well. it connected for few mins then no reason it just got disconnect.

a few days ago WearOS app in appstore just got updated. i update it and the bluetooth connection issue solved. the version is 3.1.3 ROW.

this is the step i taken.
1. reset the watch to factory settings
2 remove the bluetooth device from iphone
3. re pair the watch with the phone by using the wearos
4. keep the wear os running at the background. just to swip to close the app. one the app close the bt connection will gone. just let the wear os running at the background.

hope it helps