Heart Trace monitor

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
ShadowYoda
Cash on hand: Locked

Heart Trace monitor

Post by ShadowYoda » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:46 pm

Heart Trace App works for continuous HR monitoring with every smartwatch except 1.... the ticwatch.... Awesome :evil:

no avatar
magic09

Re: Heart Trace monitor

Post by magic09 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:31 am

Hi, I'm the developer of Heart Trace and Heart Trace 2 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... hearttrace). I have been trying to solve this issue for several months. I have submitted a support ticket but have bit yet received a response :(

It seems that when the screen is off Ticwear prevents access to the heart rate sensor. Please can a Ticwatch/Ticwear developer get in touch so that I can get the app working on Ticwatches as it does with all other Android Wear watches? Thank you.

no avatar
bobo2beat1

Post by bobo2beat1 » Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 am

They seem to be releasing it to the Mobvoi app now. Soo it's going to be built in. sorry for your app bro. :roll:

no avatar
visjam89

Post by visjam89 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:19 pm

@magic09. Does this mean that Heart Trace will work if I use the Always On Display option?

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Tue May 15, 2018 1:09 am

magic09 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:31 am
Hi, I'm the developer of Heart Trace and Heart Trace 2 (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... hearttrace). I have been trying to solve this issue for several months. I have submitted a support ticket but have bit yet received a response :(

It seems that when the screen is off Ticwear prevents access to the heart rate sensor. Please can a Ticwatch/Ticwear developer get in touch so that I can get the app working on Ticwatches as it does with all other Android Wear watches? Thank you.
I have sent you a email.

Jamie

no avatar
magic09

Post by magic09 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:49 am

@visjam89 I'm not sure if having Always On Display turned on will help, I don't have a Ticwatch to be able to test.

no avatar
AppMaster1000

Post by AppMaster1000 » Wed May 16, 2018 12:23 am

@magic09 I use Heart Trace 1 app on my Ticwatch S with the always on display active and performance varies at best. Sometimes it automatically activates when I first put it on, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes it can continue tracking by itself for the entire day, sometimes it stops after a few hours. When it stops working, I have to open the app and manually start a scan. I'm not sure if this is happening from just background apps being closed in general or directly blocking HR monitor access.

On a side note, the feature to automatically sync data to my phone also doesn't work but I'm 99% sure that's just my phone because it's pretty old.

no avatar
sm753

Post by sm753 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:44 am

I've been using Cardiogram on Android Wear. Automatic HR polling works most of the time until the Oreo update... Now it's pretty spotty like my experience with Heart Trace.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Thu May 17, 2018 2:15 am

sm753 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:44 am
I've been using Cardiogram on Android Wear. Automatic HR polling works most of the time until the Oreo update... Now it's pretty spotty like my experience with Heart Trace.
Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Could you elaborate on this?

Jamie

no avatar
sm753

Post by sm753 » Thu May 17, 2018 2:24 am

Jamie wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:15 am
sm753 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 1:44 am
Hi. Thanks for the feedback. Could you elaborate on this?

Jamie
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure how to elaborate more. I've been using Cardiogram for a while now on the Ticwatch E. I have the sample interval at 2 minutes. It's been sampling HR reliably until I received the Oreo update on my Ticwatch E 2 days ago. I tried to reset my watch, re-paired with my phone, and reinstalled all apps including Cardiogram but that didn't seem to help. If I manually launch Cardiogram on my Ticwatch E, it will take a reading, and then a few more automatically after that and stop taking automatic HR readings/samples usually after about 15-20 minutes.