Bluetooth off after Oreo update

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
vsnumhn
Cash on hand: Locked

Bluetooth off after Oreo update

Post by vsnumhn » Tue May 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Dears,

I neeed help. Today afternoon I got the update and it updated good, everything went fine. After the upgrade my Ticwatch E is not detected by my phone and the watch is dead slow. It takes a long time to boot. Thinking that some apps or settings might be the culprit I reset the phone to factory settings and now it is completely out of radar. I restarted my phone, restarted the watch, reinstalled Mobvoi app, reinstalled WearOS app and still nothing happened. I dunno what should I do now. Can someone help me, urgently? I love my ticwatch and I don't wanna part it.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Re: Bluetooth off after Oreo update

Post by Jamie » Wed May 16, 2018 1:36 am

vsnumhn wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 5:46 pm
Dears,

I neeed help. Today afternoon I got the update and it updated good, everything went fine. After the upgrade my Ticwatch E is not detected by my phone and the watch is dead slow. It takes a long time to boot. Thinking that some apps or settings might be the culprit I reset the phone to factory settings and now it is completely out of radar. I restarted my phone, restarted the watch, reinstalled Mobvoi app, reinstalled WearOS app and still nothing happened. I dunno what should I do now. Can someone help me, urgently? I love my ticwatch and I don't wanna part it.
Hi,

Can you try doing a hard reset, forgetting the device in the bluetooth settings and re-pairing it? let me know how it goes.

Jamie

no avatar
pcas

Post by pcas » Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 am

I am seeing the same problem. i updated Sunday morning. today i couldn't use the play store app on the watch becuase it couldn't talk to the phone. did a reset but after reset it can't finish becuase it says it can't connect. The watch is now useless. I'm trying again.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Post by Jamie » Wed May 16, 2018 6:59 am

pcas wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:55 am
I am seeing the same problem. i updated Sunday morning. today i couldn't use the play store app on the watch becuase it couldn't talk to the phone. did a reset but after reset it can't finish becuase it says it can't connect. The watch is now useless. I'm trying again.
Can you try the solution above? And you mentioned "couldn't talk to the phone'. Do you mean it cannot connect? Is it able to detect the watch?

no avatar
pcas

Post by pcas » Thu May 17, 2018 4:44 am

I had to reset 4 times to finally get connected and running. Clearly somehting is not working. I am also still having the notifications not all working. This was an old problem but still seems to be there. I get no vibration but the notification is on the device.

no avatar
vsnumhn

Post by vsnumhn » Sat May 26, 2018 9:32 am

Can you help me with the process of downgrading back to Android 7.?
I think I will be very happy with a reliable watch than a non-reliable updated watch

no avatar
vsnumhn

Post by vsnumhn » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:45 pm

Mobvoi is replacing the Ticwatch E for me.
Hence this topic can be closed.