Phone calls goes via TicWatch E, even when dialing on phone

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
malawidk
Cash on hand: Locked

Phone calls goes via TicWatch E, even when dialing on phone

Post by malawidk » Tue May 29, 2018 12:24 pm

I have recently bought a TicWatch E and am quite happy with it, apart from whenever I make a call on my phone, the default input is my TicWatch E and so I have to manually set it to earpiece every time. I am happy to be able to make a call on the watch if I make a call from it, but it should not be the default microphone and speaker when I make a call on my phone.

This also applies when I make a call via WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or Viber.

How do I change this so I can just make calls on my phone without having to speak to my watch or manually change it every time?

Many thanks!

no avatar
hasansok

Re: Phone calls goes via TicWatch E, even when dialing on phone

Post by hasansok » Thu May 31, 2018 1:07 am

Same here, just got my ticwatch and an experiencing calls placed through my phone use the watches microphone. The person on the other line can barely hear me

no avatar
boneymss

Post by boneymss » Thu May 31, 2018 7:59 am

I think this has to be something related to your phone's setting. I've been using my TicWatch for some time now and do not have this issue. I remember automatic answering via the watch with my old phone (Sony Xperia Z5) and I had to manually switch to my earpiece but that was very occasional. I should also admit that I had some other isssues with that phone's bluetooth. Since I moved to a Huawei phone (Mate 10) all my bluetooth issues are gone including switching to Ticwatch while receiving a call. So look for a setting in your phone dialer or bluetooth menu on your phone. If you're not planning to do any calls via your watch just disable "Take calls via TicWatch" or similar setting (Last one on Connectivity -> Bluetooth) on your watch.

no avatar
R.D

Post by R.D » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:57 pm

Hi when I receive call won't show name. It's showing all my contacts on phone list and even who called. But when it's ringing shows unknown.

no avatar
rafa.pozzato

Post by rafa.pozzato » Thu May 28, 2020 9:42 pm

I have the following problem, I receive calls normally via the smatphone, but if I answer through the ticwatch, the sound of the call is not coming out through the watch's speaker