Bluetooth

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Wobak
Cash on hand: Locked

Bluetooth

Post by Wobak » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:59 pm

Hi, i have recently received my Ticwatch e and after pairing it with my phone the watch drops Bluetooth and will not reconnect. I have done 4 factory resets and each time after the initial pairing the watch drops Bluetooth and will not reconnect.
Has anyone had this issue and can help.

Thanks.

no avatar
Jamie
Mobvoi Team

Re: Bluetooth

Post by Jamie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:20 am

Wobak wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:59 pm
Hi, i have recently received my Ticwatch e and after pairing it with my phone the watch drops Bluetooth and will not reconnect. I have done 4 factory resets and each time after the initial pairing the watch drops Bluetooth and will not reconnect.
Has anyone had this issue and can help.

Thanks.
Are you using a IOS or Android phone? IOS sometimes kills the auto reconnection so you have to reconnect manually via the Android Wear App by clicking on the reconnect button at the top

no avatar
Wobak

Post by Wobak » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:15 am

Hi, i am using IOS (the latest version). I seem to have fixed the problem for now. I had to do another factory reset on the watch, go to Bluetooth setting on the phone and delete the watch from there, uninstall the Wear OS and Mobvoi app from the phone and start again.

Thanks.

no avatar
Wobak

Post by Wobak » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:26 am

The problem is back. Watch loses Bluetooth connectivity with the phone and will never get it back. Can someone help as having a smart watch the wont connect to Bluetooth is almost useless.

Thanks

no avatar
Spider210

Post by Spider210 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:55 pm

Since the update I have to also had this issue I have done a factory reset and it seems to not fix the issue.

When you reboot the watch it will then reconnect but then it only stays connected say for half a day then it shows a cloud.

When you go to the Bluetooth option on the watch it shows disconnected from the phone if you turn the Bluetooth off and then go to turn it back on it doesn't turn back on it stays greyed out.

I'm wondering if this isn't a software issue or if this is truly a hardware issue. I have the ticwatch s.

no avatar
Peter2018

Post by Peter2018 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:00 am

Hello,

I am having the same issue, have mine three weeks now but keeps losing bluetooth connection and can not recover. Did almost everything possible to reconnect but without result. Factory reset five times now, initially pairing is completed but when phone and watch get separated connect is lost and never comes back on. @Jamie, the App you're referring to is now called Wear OS and does not come with a button to reconnect. Running out of options here, anyone any idea ? Ticwatch S and iPhone 7s iOS 11.4

no avatar
michaeldcurry

Post by michaeldcurry » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 pm

Same problem. Have done 4 resets to get connected, not doing anymore. I'm done with it. Trying to sync to my Iphone X is very frustrating. I'd rather spend the money on a new watch...

no avatar
michaeldcurry

Post by michaeldcurry » Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:48 pm

so, i guess that my response from 3 days ago was filtered out. I have the same problem. have reset the watch 4 or 5x, will connect but then loses connectivity and will not reconnect. I am done trying.

no avatar
Spider210

Post by Spider210 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:05 am

@Jamie

Is this a known issue? or should I file for a warranty claim.

The battery issues I was having previously (you wanted me to warranty it) have resolved with the update however now my bluetooth is broken.

I have to restart the watch at least once or twice a day now. I stop getting notifications and I tap the watch and notice the clock with a strike through it.

I cannot recover a bluetooth connection unless I restart the watch.

no avatar
Paxtor

Post by Paxtor » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:03 am

I'm having this issue also with IOS, any solucion??