Bluetooth

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
androidean
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Bluetooth

Post by androidean » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:25 pm

Hi,
I have the Ticwatch S and am using an Android phone (Nexus 5X). Both devices are running the latest versions of their OS (8.1 on phone, 1.3 on watch).
I think both updated recently (in the past week) and since then they can no longer connect. I have removed the watch from the phone (bluetooth list) and tried to re-add it. It shows up in the bluetooth list but you cannot connect to it, so it will only allow me to pair up if I restart the watch. When it does it shows the pairing code on the phone and watch, I hit "pair", it tries for a few seconds and then says "code is incorrect" and it is clearly the same code on both devices.
I have restarted hone and watch etc. still no luck. It has been a week since it has not connected. Any advice? Looks like a bug.

no avatar
fsamoggia

Post by fsamoggia » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:21 am

I have a samsung s8+ and from time to time my ticwatch e disconnects with no warning. The only fix is to restart the watch and then connects again. Til when although is a random mistery. Would be great to know mobvoi is working on this.

no avatar
fsamoggia

Post by fsamoggia » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Because this is a crap product!! I have a samsung gear S3 and it never gave me any of the problems I am facing with this piece of junk! Bluetooth disconnections, delays in picking up phone calls, this is the worst product I have ever purchased.
After all, 139 euro can not deliver what a product that costs twice as much , in italian we have a saying "if you spend more you actually spend less!!"

no avatar
Spider210

Post by Spider210 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:28 pm

I have submitted an RMA for warranty.

This bluetooth issue happens every day.

When you try to toggle bluetooth it never slides to 'On'

Then when you restart the watch it comes back to life and works for another 4-12 hours before randomly disconnecting.

no avatar
visaural

Post by visaural » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:57 am

I have an iPhone 7 with iOS 11.4, a Ticwatch E, and have the same problem. The devices won’t even see each other over Bluetooth. Latest version of Wear OS iPhone app.

I can try factory resetting the watch (will make the Bluetooth connection stable again), connecting to our house WiFi (can’t do that right now because I can’t enter the password on my phone because the Bluetooth connection doesn’t work), and using ADB over WiFi to see what logs come up when the problem inevitably occurs again.

Can anyone try iOS 11.4.1 or the impending iOS 11.4.2 (will fix 11.4.1’s App Store issue)?

no avatar
PRing

Post by PRing » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:55 pm

Well I've joined the group with a watch that disconnects from my phone all the time, thinking of just sending back which is a pity as I love it when it works. Anyone got a solution yet?

no avatar
Linleymeslier

Post by Linleymeslier » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:26 pm

Hello all,

I'm new to this community and I've had my Ticwatch E for two days now. The watch is showing not connected to Bluetooth but I do get notifications on it. However, most apps on the watch won't sync to my OnePlus 5T and show that the watch is disconnected. I've done multiple resets, too much already. Also, the watch only shows temperature in F instead of C despite setting the language to English UK. Again, most apps I've downloaded on the watch won't connect to my phone. The watch has the latest Android Wear.

Please help.

Thank you.

no avatar
joeyelmann

Post by joeyelmann » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:37 am

Hello, did you get any solution? I am facing the same problem with my Ticwatch E using OnePlus 6.

All the best.

no avatar
rafa.pozzato

Post by rafa.pozzato » Thu May 28, 2020 9:48 pm

you must perform a configuration on the phone for the WEAR OS app to start automatically. On android it's settings / apps / permission / start automatically. On iOS I don't know the way.