Tic Watch E cannot discover by android wear app

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
austinmok915
Cash on hand: Locked

Tic Watch E cannot discover by android wear app

Post by austinmok915 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:11 am

I just update my pixel 2 xl to android 10, and I reset my watch to solve some battery drain issue. However, the watch no longer able to discover by the wear os app on my phone. The watch can discover by Bluetooth setting on the phone. I have tried to use other phone to connect and same thing happen. What can I do?

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Re: Tic Watch E cannot discover by android wear app

Post by Sabertooth » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:45 am

austinmok915 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:11 am
I just update my pixel 2 xl to android 10, and I reset my watch to solve some battery drain issue. However, the watch no longer able to discover by the wear os app on my phone. The watch can discover by Bluetooth setting on the phone. I have tried to use other phone to connect and same thing happen. What can I do?
Greetings austinmok915!

Can you be more specific about where things are hanging up? Are you getting stuck on the Getting watch details part or on the Google account syncing?

If there's any old pairing in the phones Bluetooth devices, try unpairing it before attempting the new setup.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
austinmok915

Post by austinmok915 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:15 am

Sabertooth wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:45 am
austinmok915 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:11 am
Greetings austinmok915!

Can you be more specific about where things are hanging up? Are you getting stuck on the Getting watch details part or on the Google account syncing?

If there's any old pairing in the phones Bluetooth devices, try unpairing it before attempting the new setup.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator
I update my phone my reinstalling the complete OS so I need to pair my watch with my phone again. However, the watch just didn't show up in the wear os app from my phone but only the Bluetooth menu. I have already reset my watch a few times.

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:21 pm

austinmok915 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:15 am
I update my phone my reinstalling the complete OS so I need to pair my watch with my phone again. However, the watch just didn't show up in the wear os app from my phone but only the Bluetooth menu. I have already reset my watch a few times.
Greetings austinmok915!

As a first step, please remove the existing Bluetooth watch device from the list of devices on your phone. Typically, open the phones settings then Connected Devices/Bluetooth, tap the gear icon next to the watch device and then unpair. This can vary somewhat depending on your phone make and model and your android version.

When you first begin pairing the watch after a reset, you are typically directed to the Wear OS app on your phone where the watch details are transferred. Are you getting to that point?

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
austinmok915

Post by austinmok915 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:16 pm

Sabertooth wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:21 pm
austinmok915 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:15 am
Greetings austinmok915!

As a first step, please remove the existing Bluetooth watch device from the list of devices on your phone. Typically, open the phones settings then Connected Devices/Bluetooth, tap the gear icon next to the watch device and then unpair. This can vary somewhat depending on your phone make and model and your android version.

When you first begin pairing the watch after a reset, you are typically directed to the Wear OS app on your phone where the watch details are transferred. Are you getting to that point?

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator
The watch has completely disconnected from the phone and I have removed the existing Bluetooth watch device from the list of devices on my phone. The wear os app just cannot detect thew watch.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SEzU44p48edC8DCj8

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:08 pm

austinmok915 wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:16 pm
The watch has completely disconnected from the phone and I have removed the existing Bluetooth watch device from the list of devices on my phone. The wear os app just cannot detect thew watch.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/SEzU44p48edC8DCj8
Greetings austinmok915!

Your problem seems like a current issue where the process hangs on the getting watch details step after a reset. This may be due to the large number of updates that need to occur when the watch is reset to it's original state so the first recommendation is to allow the process to continue for at least a couple hours to allow for the updating. Make sure you have a good network connection for the process to complete most quickly.

In cases like this, where we don't have an identified fix, we ask you to cross post your issue to Google to cover the bases. Open the Wear OS app, tap the three dots in the upper right , tap help & feedback then tap send feedback and also report your details there.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
Cfjean06

Post by Cfjean06 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:26 am

I'm having the same exact issue from 2 months ago as is being discussed in this chat.

It's definitely an issue with Wear OS. I can't get any apps to work on my Ticwatch E...and this is a replacement!

no avatar
austinmok915

Post by austinmok915 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:47 am

Cfjean06 wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:26 am
I'm having the same exact issue from 2 months ago as is being discussed in this chat.

It's definitely an issue with Wear OS. I can't get any apps to work on my Ticwatch E...and this is a replacement!
I gave up, I bought a fossil gen 5 to replace the watch. I I am surprised by my two year old tic watch e drain less battery when idle.🤷