enolajon
Cash on hand: Locked

Heart rate in Google fit

Post by enolajon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:47 pm

As requested a new thread

I have a p30 pro
Ticwatch pro

Everything is up to date.

Yesterday I downloaded the 10th July updated of the mobvoi app. And I was surprised that it appeared to sync more or less automatically. I fell asleep with my watch on, woke up to see that my heart rate had been recorded throughout that time (around 6 hours) and was appearing on Google fit.

However, today, it seems to have gone back to how.it was over the last few weeks.

It doesn't seem to automatically sync. For the steps to sync I have to close the mobvoi and Google fit apps, open the mobvoi app, then the fit app, and it shows.

But now, the heart rate no longer shows. My heart rate is being recorded (I can see this in the mobvoi app) but it is not showing on Google fit.

There must be a way to get this to automatically sync? Surely?!

no avatar
enolajon

Re: Heart rate in Google fit

Post by enolajon » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Fwiw, I have tried restarting both devices and reinstalling apps

no avatar
apiso

Post by apiso » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:18 am

Same problem here hearth rate dosnt sync anymore with google fit

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Post by Sabertooth » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:07 pm

Greetings enolajon!
enolajon wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:47 pm
As requested a new thread

I have a p30 pro
Ticwatch pro

Everything is up to date.

Yesterday I downloaded the 10th July updated of the mobvoi app. And I was surprised that it appeared to sync more or less automatically. I fell asleep with my watch on, woke up to see that my heart rate had been recorded throughout that time (around 6 hours) and was appearing on Google fit.

However, today, it seems to have gone back to how.it was over the last few weeks.

It doesn't seem to automatically sync. For the steps to sync I have to close the mobvoi and Google fit apps, open the mobvoi app, then the fit app, and it shows.

But now, the heart rate no longer shows. My heart rate is being recorded (I can see this in the mobvoi app) but it is not showing on Google fit.

There must be a way to get this to automatically sync? Surely?!
I can't stress how important it is to the bug tracking process to verify the actual version numbers of the software you are using. I hope you can understand, with so many updates occurring to the various software components, we really need your cooperation in confirming exactly where the problem lies. If we determine the problem lies in a component not under our control then we must have proper documentation in order to get the other party to act. I know it's a pain but, please, include complete information.

Due to instabilities that can develop over time, I recommend that you restart first your phone then the watch before beginning. If you believe the updating fails to occur only some of the time there may be an explanation in the process that I'm working to verify through in-house channels.

Since you say it worked for a while and then it didn't, I suggest resetting the Mobvoi and Wear OS apps on your phone as a first step. Due to the number of updates occurring, it's possible that some setting got hosed along the way. This will however reset these apps to their first run state (which will allow us to reset all the permissions). To do this, go in to the setting on your phone and locate app info (under apps and notifications). In the list of apps locate the Mobvoi and Wear OS apps, tap each one and then tap storage and finally clear data to remove the old data.

Open the Mobvoi app and log in. ALLOW any permissions requested. Tap the watch card and again ALLOW any permissions requested. Tap health center then tap the person icon on the upper right. Enter your personal data for proper fitness tracking. Upload health data to server must be ON. Tap Data Authorization, ALLOW access to Google Fit and any other apps listed that you use.

Open the Wear OS app. Under the watch card ALLOW any permissions (text and call permissions). Tap Notifications below. Note the number of apps with notifications off under Change watch notifications. One or two would be normal. if it's a lot then investigate.

Monitor the issue and let me know.

Due to differences between phones and OS versions the information may not be located exactly as specified in which case you may have to hunt for it.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator