Problem with TicHealth & battery drain

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
m_chy95
Cash on hand: Locked

Problem with TicHealth & battery drain

Post by m_chy95 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:48 am

So this been ongoing for a couple of weeks buy it's been acting up more than usual.
Everytime I put my watch on charge over the night or for couple of hours, TicHealth decided to just stop working and not counting step or register pulse (which would extend into ticpulse).
And the stepcounter on certain watch faces would just crash and not show the current steps (I use the ticwach guardian watch face). I'll even try to open the app up on the watch but even that crashes all the timr, takes about 30min for it to start up properly. Restarting the watch had the same result.

In correlation about this I noticed my battery level is being drained faster than usual.

It's on latest firmware and everything is up to date.

Anyone got any tip for this?

Sabertooth.
Bank: Locked

Re: Problem with TicHealth & battery drain

Post by Sabertooth. » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:40 pm

m_chy95 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:48 am
So this been ongoing for a couple of weeks buy it's been acting up more than usual.
Everytime I put my watch on charge over the night or for couple of hours, TicHealth decided to just stop working and not counting step or register pulse (which would extend into ticpulse).
And the stepcounter on certain watch faces would just crash and not show the current steps (I use the ticwach guardian watch face). I'll even try to open the app up on the watch but even that crashes all the timr, takes about 30min for it to start up properly. Restarting the watch had the same result.

In correlation about this I noticed my battery level is being drained faster than usual.

It's on latest firmware and everything is up to date.

Anyone got any tip for this?
Greetings m_chy95!

You can try removing the upgrades to this app then re-updating. Open settings > apps & notifications > app info > system apps > TicHealth > remove upgrades. Open the Play Store, scroll down and select My Apps then update all. Once done, check the permissions by opening the TicHealth app on your watch,

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
janumix

Re: Problem with TicHealth & battery drain

Post by janumix » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Hi

I just want to add something ..
I've got a lot of different freezes and crashes of TicHealth, it started for a long time (abt. 30 sec. or so...
Generally it was almost unusable since new/redesign version appeared.
I read your, Sabertooth, post and this solved my problems with TicHealth - now it starts in abt. 4-5 sec. and works like a charm - thank you !

BR