Right hand tile(s) keep appearing

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Noelshebert
Cash on hand: Locked

Right hand tile(s) keep appearing

Post by Noelshebert » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:01 am

I just purchased a TicWatch Pro and it continually displays the right tile over the watch face. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it does not. it is really annoying. I can press the top right button and instead of getting the app list, the right tile slides in 9 out of 10 times. Even down swiping to get the setup tile, the right tile slides in. Same for the left tile. It renders the watch pretty useless. It does not happen all the time, but enough times I am tempted to take the watch off and put my Polar M600 which works flawlessly, back on.

Does anyone see this behaviour? I thought to post this issue here first to see if it is a common problem and for a possible fix Following on, I will be contacting Mobvoi support for their thoughts and possible replacement.

I have factory reset the watch at least 5 times and it still does the same thing.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

no avatar
Noelshebert

Re: Right hand tile(s) keep appearing

Post by Noelshebert » Mon Feb 24, 2020 11:35 pm

Hello everyone,

I have found the source of the problem.

Whenever the watch (TicWatch Pro) is held or worn, and if the metal top ring is touched anywhere, it causes an un-solicited
right swipe-in action of the right tile. I mean anywhere, the ring at any position or the top or bottom "arrows" is enough to make it
happen. I have also discovered when running an app, touching the outer ring causes random controls to be selected, usually
not the one I want.

I have confirmed this is not peculiar to me, it happens with every member of my family.

Not sure if this is a software or hardware fault.

Makes using the watch in its current state a challenge. Making sure to touch only the glass surface and not the outer ring.

Sending a video of the issue as requested by Mobvoi support.

Just curious if this occurs for anyone else...

no avatar
Swooth

Post by Swooth » Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:43 pm

I am just an ordinary user, but since nobody with better knowledge has replied, I thought I should. I have had a TWP for over a year and have never experienced what you report. I do not recall reading anything like it on the forum either. You refer to the right tile. Presume you mean the left most of the tiles.

no avatar
Noelshebert

Post by Noelshebert » Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:38 pm

Swooth,

I am referring to the customisable tiles that slide in from the right (east). Typically the default tile in the shipped TWP is TicHealth.
I believe the other tiles are fixed. Config up (north), notifications down (south) and Google Assistant left (west).

I would hope that there would not be a lot of people reporting the same issue as it would a serious software or hardware issue.

I have confirmed the issue with Mobvoi support and am getting the issue resolved via warranty.

I really like this watch. Looking forward getting a new, working TWP!

no avatar
Swooth

Post by Swooth » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:52 pm

I just meant to suggest that the watch had to be faulty. Bizarre fault! Good luck with its replacement.

no avatar
changxiasun

Post by changxiasun » Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:38 pm

Having the exact issues - touching metal ring anywhere brings up tile.. . Really annoying