Step counter ticwatch pro far from accurate

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
mdaykin
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Step counter ticwatch pro far from accurate

Post by mdaykin » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:15 am

I have the TicWatch S2 and find the treadmill distance tracking way off. For example the machine will tell me 3k and the watch 4k. Obviously I can manually input into Google Fit but then that in part defeats the objective of me buying the watch.

On previous smart watches I've owned it offered me the option to recalibrate the watch, does anyone know if that option exists with Tic?

no avatar
adrianzabilski

Post by adrianzabilski » Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:30 am

Yet another sad story here.

Concerned about the numbers of steps being suspicious, I have cross-checked among different devices.

Ticwatch pro 3 ended up with the result of 15600 vs Ulefone's 7 8700 steps.

Huawei Mate 20 lite was in between, yet much closer to Ulefone with the result of

As much as those results might have been acceptable because of hands movement during the day (a lot of swiping), a short walk-only test to close shops confirmed it's overcounting.

I wore for that trip my GF's Amazfit GTR 42mm and only Ticwatch reported way over 3k steps during the groceries. The rest were in 2000-2600 range.

Disappointed.

no avatar
erik2

Post by erik2 » Fri May 07, 2021 3:05 am

I do love my Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS

BUT! What's the deal with the step counter flaw?! I wake up in the morning sometime have done +5000 steps - at the end of the the yesterday counter said 43000 steps over 38km. I litterally didn't move that day - sat by my desk working.

Please take serious measures to fix this ASAP!

no avatar
novina.m

Post by novina.m » Sun May 16, 2021 7:19 pm

I have similar, I did a walk of about 18km and the tic watch pro counted 38km more than twice as much. This watch is a complete failure, not enough that the speed of operation is tragic. Its only advantage of this watch is the working NFC. I advise against the purchase.

no avatar
ignisizm

Post by ignisizm » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:31 pm

Why nobody from Mobvoi answer about this step counter problem?

Do we all have to take back the Ticwatch Pro 3?

no avatar
alexco2890

Post by alexco2890 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 2:43 pm

Same problem here.

Step count is usually 30% over predicted, while moderately accurate while exercising (about 5 to 10% more than both my phone, a MiBand 5 and a Huawei Watch 2)..
Kcal count is way off too.

Sent my watch to be replaced while still in warranty because GPS was also off by 10% (every km walked during exercise, added 100mt more so after 10 km it was off by a whole km). Got the new one, steps are even worse.

Really disappointed,

no avatar
petervanderpol87

Post by petervanderpol87 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:33 am

Same issue Here, steps are inaccurate, they dont add Any value. Would be one of the reasons to switch to a Galaxy watch 4