Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

Aathif Mahir
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Re: Persistent notification Google Play Services Account Action Required

Post by Aathif Mahir » Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:16 am

hello wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:17 pm
Having the exact same problem... Factory resets, and the same issues. Really painful, I primarily use the watch for Fit, so it's pretty much redundant.
Hi there,

Please disable "Enable Mobile Management" in Gsuite Settings or else you can disable the Notifications by Doing the following steps

On Watch settings->Apps and Notifications->notification->show all app notifications-> Google play services -> Turn off.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
ktriplett4

Post by ktriplett4 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Aathif Mahir wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:45 am
zima wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:43 pm
Aathif Mahir wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:15 pm
Those who tried the above solution and still didn't fix the issue, Google is working on a fix for this issue. The temporary solution is to block the notification

On Watch settings->Apps and Notifications->notification->show all app notifications-> Google play services -> Turn off.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Of course you can block notification, but still some services will not work!
I think the only workaround for now is to turn off "Enable Mobile Managemen" in G Suit settings as I described above.

Tom
Hi zima,

Thanks for providing a good solution for this issue, We'll mark your solution as top answer for this issue.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator
I get this persistent alert on my Ticwatch Pro and my Chromebook but not on my Pixel phone, what's the difference?

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:55 pm

ktriplett4 wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:07 pm
Aathif Mahir wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:45 am
zima wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:43 pm

Of course you can block notification, but still some services will not work!
I think the only workaround for now is to turn off "Enable Mobile Managemen" in G Suit settings as I described above.

Tom
Hi zima,

Thanks for providing a good solution for this issue, We'll mark your solution as top answer for this issue.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator
I get this persistent alert on my Ticwatch Pro and my Chromebook but not on my Pixel phone, what's the difference?
Hi ktriplett4,

There is some server side issue with enabling mobile management in Gsuite, That's what causing the Gsuite users to get notification about authentication repeatedly.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
stephen69

Post by stephen69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:39 pm

Those who are experiencing persistent notification about play services activation required, Please do the following steps
- Open play store PHONE OR WATCH? tap open on Play services action required notification, NOTIFICATION IS WHEN YOU SWIPE UP NOT IN PLAY STORE - UNCLEAR OPEN DOES NOT FUNCTION ON NOTIFICATION If that didn't open anything then go to your app list
- Open a the app called "Google Apps Device Policy" and follow the process of setting up password or pin, If your watch didn't had a app called "Google Apps Device Policy" Then please install Device Policy in the play store.
- Open the Play Store again and Tap open on the Play services action required notification, AGAIN- IT'S NOT IN THE PLAY STORE- IT'S ON SWIPE UP Now it'll start device policy process again and go through that setup process again.
- After finishing that process, you won't recieve that activation required notifications again.

no avatar
stephen69

Post by stephen69 » Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:46 pm

2400 VIEWS OF THE WATCH FACE ABOVE. NO SOLUTION.

no avatar
jasonrussellcg

Post by jasonrussellcg » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:14 pm

G Suite and Titan Security Keys will not authenticate with Mobvi & Google Play. Its a Google issue, that is used for security I was told by Google Support.

no avatar
tom2

Post by tom2 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:16 pm

I try use this new watch from 3 days, i used some before and i am a real Google fan, who belives and pay for Google products, but this watch is a joke. If you are gsuite user than you will be angry very soon.
I have read all of your comments about playstore and tap and etc... But its not working.
Luckily i have some days to send this watch back to the store. I was waiting for more i am very unsatisfied.

no avatar
atesy

Post by atesy » Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:36 am

zima wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:22 pm
Hi.

I had the same problem and even I couldn't set up Google Fit or Google Pay on watch. Solution for this is to turn off mobile device management in G Suite - it applies to G Suite users only (when you have your own domain configured in Google).
In administration of whole domain choose "Device management" and next "Setup". Click "Mobile management", you should see "Enable Mobile Management" switch - just turn it off and try again to set up your account on smartwatch.

Cheers
Tom
Tom, you are the man! #applause

I tried the other method (installing the google apps device policy, but it got stucked during the registration phase, repeating the same window on the watch), but your tip worked. I switched off the mobile management in the Google Workspace admin panel for my domain, and right after that I was possible to start to use the watch with my workspace (google apps a.k.a g-suite) related accounts.

However this wont't help the people, who are trying to setup accounts of domains, that they are not personally managing... It's just unbeliavable, that after these posts from 2019 the issue stilll persits. I got my watch yesterday, and I was able to manage this issue, so I'm not so devastated as after the 1st hour.

Thank you again!