how to disable LCD screen

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
what2use
Cash on hand: Locked

how to disable LCD screen

Post by what2use » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:48 pm

I really like the watch face on my Ticwatch Pro and would like to disable the LCD screen that appears when the watch sits idle for a while

I would prefer that the screen go off and the watch face appear when I flick the watch

How can I do this?
Thanks

no avatar
Swooth

Re: how to disable LCD screen

Post by Swooth » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:44 pm

If you swipe down on the active face to the settings screen and select the settings wheel at the top, this will give you options including Tilt to Wake. You may need to repeat this occasionally, epecially if Bluetooth connection to the phone is lost. A little app called StayLit Wear gives control of how long the screen stays active when you are looking at it and costs very little.

no avatar
Swooth

Post by Swooth » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:23 pm

Should have said under Gestures!

no avatar
what2use

Post by what2use » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:50 pm

I somehow found the tilt to wake but it does not disable the LCD screen

no avatar
Swooth

Post by Swooth » Wed Nov 27, 2019 5:54 pm

Tle LCD screen is the default for battery conservation reasons. Thus, if you tilt to wake the lit screen only appears for a few seconds. This is where the app comes in. You can set the time that it will stay lit from a few seconds to several minutes until you turn your wrist away. The always on option in the Wear OS settings does not keep the whole watchface visible, even though the LCD screen does not appear.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:28 am

what2use wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:48 pm
I would prefer that the screen go off and the watch face appear when I flick the watch

How can I do this?
Thanks
It sounds like what you are asking for is a way to disable the FSTN screen that comes on when the main LCD screen is off. Is that correct?

I'm not aware of any way to accomplish this. The FSTN screen automatically turns on any time the main LCD screen is off.

You could enable "always on", which would show you a stripped-down version of your chosen watch face after the screen times out. With a wrist flick or touch of the screen, the main watch face would come back on. This will take more battery than allowing the LCD to turn off and showing the FSTN screen, but may be closer to what you are looking for.

Showing the "low power" FSTN screen when the main LCD screen is off is one of the core fundamentals of what makes the TicWatch Pro unique. The FSTN screen uses a negligible amount of power to run, such that even if you COULD disable it, you would likely not see an impact on overall battery life. It's part of what makes the TicWatch Pro a TicWatch Pro.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
mattress74

Post by mattress74 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:54 pm

Is there still no way to disable the FSTN screen? It's not about battery usage for me. The FSTN screen seems like it's in the way. When I want to look at my watch I want to see the main screen. I don't want to see the FSTN first then have to force on my main screen.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:45 pm

What you want is called "always on". It uses the main LCD instead of the FSTN.
The other option would be to enable "tilt to wake" so the main LCD screen turns on every time you lift your wrist. The FSTN screen will still show when it's sitting still, but as soon as you lift your wrist to look at the watch, the main screen will turn on.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator