Ticwatch Pro Tic Exercise Strava time keep issue

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
etogonza
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch Pro Tic Exercise Strava time keep issue

Post by etogonza » Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:54 pm

Even after done the fix in Strave turning race mode it can be seen slight differences between paces times. Please Mobvoy fix it!!

no avatar
rog6101

Post by rog6101 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:09 pm

I was disappointed in this watch which has a high value and doesn't deliver what the advertisement shows. Besides the support being quite lacking and having difficulties to find a decent user manual and application. In my case I use Strava to monitor my bike rides, but more than once the clock restarts out of nowhere and I miss part of the training, very regrettable. I decided to use the Ticexercice application to monitor my rides, but it doesn't sync with Strava or Google Fit, despite full permission to use these two. VERY DISSATISFIED WITH THE PURCHASE, UNFORTUNATELY I PURCHASED IT FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE WORLD AND I CANNOT GO TO THE CORNER OF MY HOME TO RETURN THE PRODUCT TO THE SELLER. DISAPPOINTMENT.

no avatar
meekamunz

Post by meekamunz » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:56 pm

garrywadams wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:15 pm
Ok, big breakthrough here! I just discovered why Strava and TicExercise are not showing the same data when it's all coming from the same workout.

Strava has a feature that analyzes your workout and automatically adjusts your "active time" based on your GPS trail. If it detects you have stopped or walked, it doesn't count that time toward your workout.
(More information on that "feature" here: https://support.strava.com/hc/en-us/art ... 20activity.)

Because the GPS polling in TicExercise isn't realtime, you get lots of these little "pauses" in the middle of your workout. This affects both the total time of the workout and the individual splits. Strava has a feature that you can visualize a "playback" of your workout. If you watch your playback you can see your dot moving fitfully down the trail. It isn't a smooth consistent movement. I've noticed this anecdotally when the watch gives me my pace throughout the workout. If it is showing my "current" pace, it bounces all over the place from 6 minute mile to 12 minute mile pace, but when it shows my "average" pace, it balances out correctly. Your final results are accurate, but if you look at a really granular detail of one small segment, it isn't. Strava is just looking too closely at your GPS trail and seeing those GPS slow-downs as rests in the middle of your workout.

The easiest fix is to go into your workout once it has been uploaded to Strava and set the "run type" to race. If the workout is tagged as a race, Strava ignores the pauses and uses only elapsed time to figure splits and total time. It is accurate to what you see in TicExercise and the Mobvoi app. It is kind of a pain to do at the end of every workout, but it does show your stats accurately.

I don't know if the GPS polling can be changed on the watch to get a smoother trail, but I'll bring this up with the product team. At least now I know I'm not crazy, and I know that Strava is getting the exact same data as the Mobvoi app. It just interprets it a little differently.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Hi @garrywadams

I see you mentioned that you would raise this with the product team, can you tell us if there is any update to the issue? It really does seem like a simple fix to change the GPS poll rate during exercise.

Many thanks

no avatar
landlimo

Post by landlimo » Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:42 am

Hi, marking the Strava activity as a race does not actually fix anything. Although it does modify the status displayed on the overview page for that activity, the bad data is still there and is being factored into other calculations. My matched runs and best efforts are completely screwed up now, and the only way I can fix them is by deleting today's run. I won't be using the app for any more runs until a real fix is provided for this issue. I was very happy with my new watch until today, but now that I know it doesn't work as promised, I'm not looking at it in quite the same way :(