Ticwatch Pro won't charge

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
andyfwynn
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch Pro won't charge

Post by andyfwynn » Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:36 am

SOLUTION:

I've had similar problems with my TicWatch Pro 4G (2020 model), I'd replaced the chargers a couple of times as they seemed to work for a couple of months and then no matter what sort of outlet I plugged them into, they just wouldn't work. I'd reset the watch, cleaned the contacts and nothing. Annoyed, I pressed the watch onto the charger cradle with a little more force than the magnetic contact would usually use itself and it worked. I wonder if the contacts on the charger eventually misalign, but I've no issues now with this method.

no avatar
mattjl1985

Post by mattjl1985 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:18 am

I'm getting the same issue with the Ticwatch Pro, it's completely hit and miss whether it will charge or not.

I've found it helps if I clean the contacts on the watch and make sure the charger is free of debris. Three of the pins on the charger move up and down so I make sure they're all free to move. I then switch the watch off when it's on the charger which gets me around the disconnect / reconnect PC spam. I noticed switching off before putting it on means turns back on when I put it on the charger.

It doesn't help that the watch battery is so bad i'm having to do this every day, the battery really lets the watch down

no avatar
LLEAD12

Post by LLEAD12 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:45 am

So I tried what a few of you suggested in using a lower powered charger and it worked! I was using the highest power charger I could find because if it charges slow it needs more power right?? I have found a low powered charger and that seems to have worked. Absolute pain though as I have previously gave up on this watch and put it away because I spent more time charging it then wearing it!!. Or try this over the next month. So glad some people know what they're doing get better responses from the community than Mobvoi