couldn't install system update

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
Fzrkev77
Cash on hand: Locked

couldn't install system update

Post by Fzrkev77 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:12 pm

Hi folks, this is my first post, so please be kind. As the title says, I have this appearing on the screen. It says it's up to date, then goes to download something, then fails and displays this message. This just keeps repeating. Has anyone had this happen before? If so, what was the cause/fix?

paolocorpo

Re: couldn't install system update

Post by paolocorpo » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:16 am

Let try with a different a more performant wifi connection
I had the same issue in the recent past and I fixed in this way

no avatar
hotwirez

Post by hotwirez » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:41 pm

I'm having the same issue. The watch counts down to reboot after downloading a system update and then hangs at 'Reboot in 1 second' or at 'Restarting Now'. Usually the former. I've tried numerous times over the last couple of days since I've been getting messages indicating system updates have failed to install.

no avatar
hotwirez

Post by hotwirez » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:08 am

Update on my issue, in case it helps anyone:

In a last-ditch effort I restored the watch to factory defaults and then went through the setup process again. It had Wear OS 1.2 (the default from the previous system patch) installed at this point. When the setup process finished, the first thing I did was go to check for a system update again, and after it downloaded the update (over Bluetooth, so it took like an hour and about 50% of my battery) I selected to install it and this time when it counted down, it made it past the screen that said 'New Update Available' to one that said it was updating. As I write this the watch is updated. Performing the factory reset and then pairing it again was a lot less involved than I expected. I'll probably try it a lot sooner if I run into issues like this in the future.

no avatar
Drizzt

Post by Drizzt » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:34 pm

hotwirez wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:08 am
Update on my issue, in case it helps anyone: pairing it again was a lot less involved than I expected.
Hello and thank you I hope it will help me too :D

no avatar
Andy905

Post by Andy905 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:57 pm

I wonder if there is any difference between updating over wi-fi and Bluetooth, maybe a different server

no avatar
Drizzt

Post by Drizzt » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:28 pm

hotwirez wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:08 am
Update on my issue, in case it helps anyone:

In a last-ditch effort I restored the watch to factory defaults and then went through the setup process again.
Okay, thank you for your help and now I have 1,5Go free memory :) Great