Ticwatch Pro won't charge

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
chshrkt
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Ticwatch Pro won't charge

Post by chshrkt » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:17 am

The first watch sent to me (it was a valentine's gift from my wife) did not even turn on, so we sent it back via Amazon's return policy.
For this second watch, it stopped charging 5 days after the 30 day return cut-off for Amazon.

I tried to fill out a support ticket, but I could not upload an image of my watch not charging, so I sent an email to Support, but have not heard back in two days.

Then today I successfully uploaded the image, but it is asking for the shipping information, assuming that I have already returned the watch to them. However, I do not have the shipping address.

Please, I love this watch, but I am getting pretty frustrated with the support process and lack of communication.

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Post by Mobvoi » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:03 pm

Hey Chshrkt, Graza and PB3

We are sorry to hear about your experiences. We have submitted a ticket internally and are working with the product team to get a reply for you soon. I'll let you know about next steps soon!

Best,

M

no avatar
onimenogarou

Post by onimenogarou » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:40 am

I am getting the same problem. I had the charger connected to a 5v 2A plug. My favorite WearOS watch won't charge...

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Post by Mobvoi » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:14 am

onimenogarou wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:40 am
I am getting the same problem. I had the charger connected to a 5v 2A plug. My favorite WearOS watch won't charge...
Hi onimenogarou,

You may need to replace the charging dock.

Team Mobvoi

no avatar
Robertrand

Post by Robertrand » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:59 pm

My wife bought me the ticwatch pro as a Christmas present and now the watch wont charge. I'm very disappointed. How do I resolve this?

no avatar
gerry1000

Post by gerry1000 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:51 pm

For all Ticwatch pro owner who have posted on this topic, from my own experience I know that you need to use a charger with a maximum 1 amp output. This is written on the underside of the charger cradle. Using a higher output charger renders the device useless after a few uses.

Suggestion to Ticwatch manufactures - make this fact clear to users with a clear message in the box when they purchase.

no avatar
jnl

Post by jnl » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:46 am

My charging cradle died today after about 7 months of use. Obviously, this is a common problem. Does Mobvoi send a replacement charger when this problem occurs?

yourkindofguy
Bank: Locked

Post by yourkindofguy » Fri May 03, 2019 5:20 pm

This is actually true. I had a replacement charger sent to me from Mobvoi and was really careful to use the proper charger adapter this time. I thought my phone's fast charger was good but it roasted my TicWatch Pro's charging dock. Look for a charger adapter with an output of 5V 1A. :)
gerry1000 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:51 pm
For all Ticwatch pro owner who have posted on this topic, from my own experience I know that you need to use a charger with a maximum 1 amp output. This is written on the underside of the charger cradle. Using a higher output charger renders the device useless after a few uses.

Suggestion to Ticwatch manufactures - make this fact clear to users with a clear message in the box when they purchase.

no avatar
hzaki

Post by hzaki » Sat May 04, 2019 11:34 am

Same issue and I submitted a ticket and didn't get even an initial feedback or SLA time to respond; this is a great watch but it is obviously that the charging dock isn't that good quality as i wasn't charging on fast charging or more than 1A port.

yourkindofguy
Bank: Locked

Post by yourkindofguy » Sun May 05, 2019 2:58 am

In my case, they even asked me to send the busted charging dock (which is a bit complicated on my part because I purchased the watch through a friend from another country). I hope they can improve the charging aspect of their new watches because I like their aesthetics.