MOBVOI software

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
gerry1000
Cash on hand: Locked

MOBVOI software

Post by gerry1000 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Writing as a Ticwatch Pro owner, I installed this app on my phone a while ago, but had to uninstall it as it deleted / overwrote data on Google Fit. Now after a Mobvoi / Google update, a right swipe shows Tichealth and this cannot be changed to Google Fit.

Whilst Google Fit may have its critics, for me it is better and looking at the feedback on Google Play, I am not alone in thinking this.

Are Mobvoi aware of what users think and if so what are they doing about it?

no avatar
Zoran81

Re: MOBVOI software

Post by Zoran81 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:27 pm

When you swipe right and get the mobvoi fit app try to press and hold the screen for a few seconds it should open the pop up screen wher you'll be able to select which app (google fit or tichealth) do you want.

Also, it is not necessary to uninstall mobvoi app from you phone, you can disable all tic apps in you smartwatch app options. But be aware that is you disable ticpulse app from a smartwatch you'll not have 24h HR monitor.

no avatar
dmtsilva81

Post by dmtsilva81 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:51 pm

@gerry1000 have you tried, when you swipe and shows Tichealth, long pressing on that does not appear the option to change to google fit?

no avatar
gerry1000

Post by gerry1000 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:43 pm

Zoran81 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:27 pm
When you swipe right and get the mobvoi fit app try to press and hold the screen for a few seconds it should open the pop up screen wher you'll be able to select which app (google fit or tichealth) do you want.

Also, it is not necessary to uninstall mobvoi app from you phone, you can disable all tic apps in you smartwatch app options. But be aware that is you disable ticpulse app from a smartwatch you'll not have 24h HR monitor.
Yes, your first point works, I may never have know had you not pointed it out, so thank you. I have yet to try your point 2.

no avatar
ozarkcdn

Post by ozarkcdn » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:55 am

Zoran81 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:27 pm
Great - thank you!

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Post by Mobvoi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:17 am

gerry1000 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:17 pm
Writing as a Ticwatch Pro owner, I installed this app on my phone a while ago, but had to uninstall it as it deleted / overwrote data on Google Fit. Now after a Mobvoi / Google update, a right swipe shows Tichealth and this cannot be changed to Google Fit.

Whilst Google Fit may have its critics, for me it is better and looking at the feedback on Google Play, I am not alone in thinking this.

Hi Gerry,

To change the default fitness app in the swipe right menu, please swipe right from the watches main watch face screen, and then hold your finger down on the fitness screen that shows (about 5 seconds). Then, select "Google Fit" as your preferred default fitness app.

Team Mobvoi

no avatar
funkybudda

Post by funkybudda » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:50 pm

Mobvoi wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:17 am
gerry1000 wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Hi Gerry,

To change the default fitness app in the swipe right menu, please swipe right from the watches main watch face screen, and then hold your finger down on the fitness screen that shows (about 5 seconds). Then, select "Google Fit" as your preferred default fitness app.

Team Mobvoi
this doesnt work on new Tic Watch Pro 4G. I updated to Wear OS 2.7, holding down the screen gets me the tile system, I dont see the option to change to "Google Fit" at all.

no avatar
TicWatch69

Post by TicWatch69 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Hello,
I have the 4G LTE as well - I assume that we are talking about the Tiles? If so, I pressed down on the Mobvoi Fit & then I kept scrolling thru the other tiles until the + sign to add another tile. From there, I was able to choose Google Fit.

I still have both Fitness Apps going on my Pro, not sure if this is wasting battery? I may get rid of 1 after I determine which I prefer. However, I just got a TicBand free from Mobvoi & I think that only works with their app so ..........

Hope this helps.

no avatar
joxer
Bank: Locked

Post by joxer » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:53 pm

i have regular ticwatch pro, but you should be able to add tiles by wear os app :)
Screenshot_20190717-204912.png
Screenshot_20190717-204912.png (24.75 KiB) Viewed 387 times
Screenshot_20190717-204815.png
Screenshot_20190717-204815.png (64.89 KiB) Viewed 387 times