Change essential mode

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
BearcameronUK
Cash on hand: Locked

Change essential mode

Post by BearcameronUK » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:38 pm

Hello new to the forum but had the pro watch for some time and loving. I'm moved from the Moto 360 1st gen.

My only bug is what is shown on the essential mode, I would love to see the heart rate as well as steps.

Plus is there any way to change the date, as mine show MM-DD, being from UK would be better if it was DD-MM

Cheers
Bear

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Re: Change essential mode

Post by Mobvoi » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:18 am

BearcameronUK wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:38 pm
Hello new to the forum but had the pro watch for some time and loving. I'm moved from the Moto 360 1st gen.

My only bug is what is shown on the essential mode, I would love to see the heart rate as well as steps.

Plus is there any way to change the date, as mine show MM-DD, being from UK would be better if it was DD-MM

Cheers
Bear

Hi BearcameronUK,

Heart rate can be viewed in Essential Mode by pressing the bottom side button, however this is not a 24 hour display. The reading will show for about 20 seconds, but additional readings can be taken at any time by pressing the bottom side button again. Unfortunately, the date format cannot be customized at this time.

Team Mobvoi

no avatar
kraigballa

Post by kraigballa » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:11 pm

When I click either button on the side it switches the watch into the smart mode. I have the Ticwatch pro 4g/lte model. How can I get my pulse to show on the essential mode?

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:21 am

If a button press turns on your screen, you are not in Essential mode. Turning off the screen is not the same thing as booting into essential mode.

If you swipe down from the main screen and select the icon that looks like a watch from the notification shade. This turns off the screen, but the watch is still running Wear OS in "smart mode". Pressing a button turns on the screen, as you are describing.

However, if you want to enter essential mode, press and hold the bottom button and select essential mode from the pop-up menu. You will see a confirmation screen with an explanation of what essential mode is. Once you click the check mark, Wear OS shuts down and the watch enters "essential mode".

One you are in Essential mode, you can view your heart rate by clicking the top button. You'll see the heart rate icon show up on the screen and once it gets your pulse rate it will show next to the heart icon.

Hopefully this answers your question.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
jbrepo

Post by jbrepo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:32 am

Hello. I would like to see in LCD mode that I have notification. For example some easy distinguishable icon instead of step count. Wonder if other users would like it too...

no avatar
mwunsch72

Post by mwunsch72 » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:52 am

Hello.

I didn't know about this heart rate display in Essential mode. It's nice to know it exists, but ...

1. It's not the Top button; on my TicWatch Pro (non 4G/LTE version) it's the bottom button.
2. The Heart rate displays only for a few seconds. The heart symbol blinks for a few seconds, then the heart rate is displayed, then it's updated after a few seconds. After that the heart symbol stops blinking and after another two seconds symbol and heart rate value disappear.

I know the watch measures the heart rate continuously (or at least in short intervals) but the heart rate is not displayed continuously. It would be nice if that can be turned on and will also be displayed on StandBy LCD screen, along with the steps.

Unfortunately, with the new TicWatch being out, I fear that change will not come :( .

no avatar
jbrepo

Post by jbrepo » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:59 pm

Hello I do not think that in essential mode the heart rate is measured continuously. The reason for essential mode is as low current for watch as possible. So the LED in heart rate monitor is not compatible with current requirement. You can only measure heart rate upon request.

no avatar
dpustijanac

Post by dpustijanac » Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:23 pm

Hello,
I have a new TicWatch Pro 2020. I have read that for proper battery calibration the watch has to be full charged and emptied for 3 times.
When the watch was on 5% battery it entered essential mode. Is there any way to exit essential mode, I would like to squeeze out the rest of battery.

Thanks,
Davor

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:00 am

dpustijanac wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:23 pm
Hello,
I have a new TicWatch Pro 2020. I have read that for proper battery calibration the watch has to be full charged and emptied for 3 times.
When the watch was on 5% battery it entered essential mode. Is there any way to exit essential mode, I would like to squeeze out the rest of battery.

Thanks,
Davor
Put your watch on the charger and it should reboot in "smart" mode.
You'll need to disable the auto switch to essential mode if you don't want it to switch over again, though.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
dpustijanac

Post by dpustijanac » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:00 am

Thank you.
I have already full charged the watch, and disabled essential mode before seen your replay.
Hope that won´t compromise battery life.
I´ll repeat the full recharging process in new 3 charge cycles.