[How to] Increase the speed of the Tic Watch Pro

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
davidf01
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: [How to] Increase the speed of the Tic Watch Pro

Post by davidf01 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:25 pm

So if I turn on the developer option is there a way to turn it back off?

Sabertooth.
Bank: Locked

Post by Sabertooth. » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:21 am

davidf01 wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:25 pm
Greetings davidf01!

Once you turn on the Developer options it stays enabled until you reset the watch. However, as long as you don't make any changes to the settings, it won't have any effect on your watch operation so is just an extra menu option. If you make changes, make note of what you change so that you can change it back later and not need to reset the watch to get things back to normal.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
DanielM

Post by DanielM » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:47 am

Sabertooth. wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:21 am
davidf01 wrote:
Greetings davidf01!

Once you turn on the Developer options it stays enabled until you reset the watch. However, as long as you don't make any changes to the settings, it won't have any effect on your watch operation so is just an extra menu option. If you make changes, make note of what you change so that you can change it back later and not need to reset the watch to get things back to normal.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Hi Sabertooth,
do you have any idea about my question on this topic regarding why the animation turn on automatically ? My soon has a Ticwatch E and on that device the animations are keeping deactivated.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Sabertooth.

Post by Sabertooth. » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:09 pm

DanielM wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:47 am
Sabertooth. wrote:
davidf01 wrote:
Greetings davidf01!

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Hi Sabertooth,
do you have any idea about my question on this topic regarding why the animation turn on automatically ? My soon has a Ticwatch E and on that device the animations are keeping deactivated.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Greetings DanielM!

I don't have an answer for you. On my TicWatch Pro, I noted that two of the animation settings were at .5x. I set them to OFF and they seem to be holding for the moment. If it changes then it probably means another app or update is changing the setting. We'll have to monitor the situation to better understand what exactly is going on.

I'll ask the engineers if they have an explanation.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
DanielM

Post by DanielM » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:13 am

Thank you Sabertooth!
Please let me know if they find something.

Br,
Daniel

no avatar
DanielM

Post by DanielM » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:12 am

Sabertooth. wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:09 pm
DanielM wrote:
Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:47 am
Sabertooth. wrote:

Greetings davidf01!

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Hi Sabertooth,

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Greetings DanielM!

I don't have an answer for you. On my TicWatch Pro, I noted that two of the animation settings were at .5x. I set them to OFF and they seem to be holding for the moment. If it changes then it probably means another app or update is changing the setting. We'll have to monitor the situation to better understand what exactly is going on.

I'll ask the engineers if they have an explanation.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Hi again,
do you have any news ? I have also completely done the reset and after that tried again to deactivate all the animation but those first 2 keep still changing after some time to 0.5.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Sabertooth.

Post by Sabertooth. » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:49 pm

DanielM wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:12 am
Hi again,
do you have any news ? I have also completely done the reset and after that tried again to deactivate all the animation but those first 2 keep still changing after some time to 0.5.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Greetings DanielM!

I've asked for some clarification about the animation settings but I haven't heard back as of yet. I see the same behavior you do.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
DanielM

Post by DanielM » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:03 am

Sabertooth. wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:49 pm
DanielM wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:12 am
Hi again,

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Greetings DanielM!

I've asked for some clarification about the animation settings but I haven't heard back as of yet. I see the same behavior you do.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Hi,
thanks for feedback!
Could be an option, try disable from app "setting" the authorization to change the system ?

Br,
Daniel

no avatar
bishop0114

Post by bishop0114 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:01 pm

DanielM wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:34 am
Hi,

I'm joining this discussion as it is a very good trick that I was also able to apply to my Ticwatch Pro.
The only issue from my side is that after I have turned off the animations, I go out from the options and once I get again into the first two are again activated at 0.5.
Have you all been able to turn-off and if so do you have any idea how to set off at all?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Did you figure this out? I am having the exact same issue. It seems to work for a few minutes, as the screen responds much better but after a few minutes, it is lagging again and I check the settings and they are back to what they were.

no avatar
DanielM

Post by DanielM » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:20 am

bishop0114 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:01 pm
DanielM wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:34 am
Hi,

I'm joining this discussion as it is a very good trick that I was also able to apply to my Ticwatch Pro.
The only issue from my side is that after I have turned off the animations, I go out from the options and once I get again into the first two are again activated at 0.5.
Have you all been able to turn-off and if so do you have any idea how to set off at all?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel
Did you figure this out? I am having the exact same issue. It seems to work for a few minutes, as the screen responds much better but after a few minutes, it is lagging again and I check the settings and they are back to what they were.

Hi,
unfortunately I didn't find anything. My son has a tic E and for him it works, meaning that all the animation are keeping deactivated.

Br,
Daniel