Voice Echo in call

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
ivogff
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Voice Echo in call

Post by ivogff » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:26 pm

Hello guys. Since the beginning of June, the echo problem has reappeared. It's interesting that the problem appears when updating apps to watch and in particular the app - Google App. I tried to install the old version of Google app via ADB over WIFI and the echo disappeared. Everything was fine until the application automatically updated again. Today I received a new Google app update (version 10.12.4.25.arm uploaded on July 2) I installed it and restarted the smartwatch and I do not have an echo issue. I think the problem is somewhere in the Google app.
Try to upgrade to this version of google, restart the watch and say how it is.
For now, I have stopped the automatic updates of google play apps for a test.

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:19 pm

ivogff wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:26 pm
Hello guys. Since the beginning of June, the echo problem has reappeared. It's interesting that the problem appears when updating apps to watch and in particular the app - Google App. I tried to install the old version of Google app via ADB over WIFI and the echo disappeared. Everything was fine until the application automatically updated again. Today I received a new Google app update (version 10.12.4.25.arm uploaded on July 2) I installed it and restarted the smartwatch and I do not have an echo issue. I think the problem is somewhere in the Google app.
Try to upgrade to this version of google, restart the watch and say how it is.
For now, I have stopped the automatic updates of google play apps for a test.
Hi ivogff,

Thanks for the workaround, I'll share this to our engineers for more investigation on this issue.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
LukeRiver

Post by LukeRiver » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:03 pm

I update you, today I received the new ticwatch pro after opening the warranty ticket.
The problem has disappeared and the calls works perfectly, but the software version is obsolete (Wear OS 1.2; Google Play Services 17.7.85).
I just put the Ticwatch Pro in charge and it started the automatic system update, I hope the problem doesn't recur after the update. In that case, the problem would clearly be software, let's hope not.
I'll keep you up-to-date!

no avatar
LukeRiver

Post by LukeRiver » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Unfortunately after the automatic update of Wear OS the problem reappeared, identical to the old ticwatch, you can hear the echo in call again.
I am very angry and disappointed by Mobvoi, I have reported this problem for 2 months, I waited 20 days for the replacement and now I find out that THE PROBLEM IS SOFTWARE AND THAT IT WOULD SIMPLY BE SOLVED WITH AN UPDATE OF MOBVOI.
Now what should I do? I am extremely disappointed, I was sold a product that does not meet expectations and for which the updates only do damage!

no avatar
ivogff

Post by ivogff » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:51 pm

LukeRiver wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:51 pm
Unfortunately after the automatic update of Wear OS the problem reappeared, identical to the old ticwatch, you can hear the echo in call again.
I am very angry and disappointed by Mobvoi, I have reported this problem for 2 months, I waited 20 days for the replacement and now I find out that THE PROBLEM IS SOFTWARE AND THAT IT WOULD SIMPLY BE SOLVED WITH AN UPDATE OF MOBVOI.
Now what should I do? I am extremely disappointed, I was sold a product that does not meet expectations and for which the updates only do damage!

Right from the beginning when I was creating a ticket, I explained very well in zendesk support that the problem is most likely in the software. Apparently they only solve the problems by replacing the product, which turned out to be unsuccessful. I advise you to create a ticket again. Hopefully, then they decide to deal with the problem. Of course, they can always wash their hands by saying that the issue is from WEAR OS.

The update of the Google Play app I was writing about earlier, it turned out the problem is not coming from it. As soon as I restarted the clock, echo in calls reappeared again.
Selectively when a clock comes on, the issue is missing.
Mobvoi, please fix the issue.

no avatar
clubtech

Post by clubtech » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:54 pm

Same exact issue here.
Had the Ticwatch Pro since release and it was working fine for calls. Since the H update there is terrible echo during calls.
Also, I just purchased (and returned) the new 4G version that was announced this week. Guess what? It has the SAME ISSUE!
Can't believe Moboi is releasing a brand new product advertised for taking / making calls on the watch and does not test this feature before release, or knowingly releasing this new watch with this issue.

no avatar
LukeRiver

Post by LukeRiver » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:54 pm

Luckily there is Amazon, I requested the total refund and it was approved, I will never buy a mobvoi product again, I will strongly advise against buying it from my friends and buy a Samsung Galaxy Watch, definitely better, more reliable and with a SERIOUS company behind.
Bye

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:51 am

Greetings!

Update on voice call echo issue, the problem seems to be a google issue, Please do the following for week and check that the problem still persist

- Factory reset your watch and Pair it your device.
- Open Google Play Store on the smartwatch, turn off “auto update”, Then please dont update the Wear OS by Google app in the smartwatch Play Store app.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
clubtech

Post by clubtech » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:09 pm

Aathif Mahir wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:51 am
Greetings!

Update on echo on voice calls, the problem seems to be a google issue, Please do the following for week and check that the problem still persist

- Factory reset your watch and Pair it your device.
- Open Google Play Store on the smartwatch, turn off “auto update”, Then please dont update the Wear OS by Google app in the smartwatch Play Store app.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator
Just tested this and it does not solve the problem. Factory reset the watch, re-paired with phone and went through the setup process. Without installing or updating any app on the watch, did a test call and the echo is still there. it's like there 0 echo cancellation on the watch. Again this started with the H update. Before that it was working just fine.
I still have a Huawei watch 2 which was not updated to H, and that watch still works fine for calls.

no avatar
WTsai35

Post by WTsai35 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:00 pm

I'm experiencing this problem with my TicWatch Pro LTE as well. I tried to do a factory reset and turning off updates but the echo still persists. Have there been any futher updates on this topic?