Home and Work address issue

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
tony
Cash on hand: Locked

Home and Work address issue

Post by tony » Tue May 28, 2019 12:02 pm

Hi,

I have a ticwatch pro bluetooth up-to-date system and wear OS etc... I'm using Samsung S9+
When I slide right (from the left) google assistant shows wrong info about my home and work address. The GPS location is accurate however it tells me i need 15 min to get home in some street.
I checked my addresses on my google accounts and they are good, i checked the addresses on the wear OS app on my phone and they are good. Google assistant on my phone knows my home and work address but not on my watch. I though it should be the same one!
If I click to navigate home on my watch the google map app on my watch opens and it takes me from where i am now to the correct home address (which is the same since i'm already home). It shows there is no issue with my GPS on the watch neither with my home address on google maps.
The only issue is with the google assistant feeds on my watch regarding home and work address.
I didn't find anywhere where i can change these addresses except on my wear OS app on my phone or my google assistant account which they are both correct.
This info usually help me get an idea about the traffic without opening google maps.
Anyone have this issue and was able to solve it?

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Re: Home and Work address issue

Post by Aathif Mahir » Tue May 28, 2019 3:26 pm

tony wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:02 pm
Hi,

I have a ticwatch pro bluetooth up-to-date system and wear OS etc... I'm using Samsung S9+
When I slide right (from the left) google assistant shows wrong info about my home and work address. The GPS location is accurate however it tells me i need 15 min to get home in some street.
I checked my addresses on my google accounts and they are good, i checked the addresses on the wear OS app on my phone and they are good. Google assistant on my phone knows my home and work address but not on my watch. I though it should be the same one!
If I click to navigate home on my watch the google map app on my watch opens and it takes me from where i am now to the correct home address (which is the same since i'm already home). It shows there is no issue with my GPS on the watch neither with my home address on google maps.
The only issue is with the google assistant feeds on my watch regarding home and work address.
I didn't find anywhere where i can change these addresses except on my wear OS app on my phone or my google assistant account which they are both correct.
This info usually help me get an idea about the traffic without opening google maps.
Anyone have this issue and was able to solve it?
Hi tony,

Please can you verify that your work and home addresses are set correctly in the Google app on your phone at Menu > Settings > Settings > Personal info > Home & work locations.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

Cathal_S

Re: Home and Work address issue

Post by Cathal_S » Wed May 29, 2019 6:49 pm

Hi Tony,

This is known issue with the Google Assistant on Wear OS. Please use the Google Wear OS app and send feedback.

Wear OS app > Menu > Help & Feedback > Feedback.

Google Wear OS Forum Thread:
https://support.google.com/wearos/thread/394855