Software suggestions

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
joxer
Cash on hand: Locked
Bank: Locked

Software suggestions

Post by joxer » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:57 pm

Write your software suggestions ideas in this topic.

I will start :) The most annoying thing in ticwatch pro is lag in phone call notifications, could you add your own solution for this problem ?? maybe light app which will only show who is calling with one option to recject the call (google phone alternative)

no avatar
TicWatch69

Re: Software suggestions

Post by TicWatch69 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:41 pm

Not sure if this is software or what but I wish we could adjust the screen time out time. I would prefer it on just a tad longer.

no avatar
Solaihs

Post by Solaihs » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:28 pm

I'd really like a toggle to automatically switch between the essential display and always on display based on brightness and time of day

What do I mean by this?

Brightness:
* If ambient light sensor is seeing that it's super bright out, turn off always on display and just use essential mode (screen is actually readable then)

Time of day:
* Automatically turning off the always on display for bed time for the user, so either allowing a user to set the time of day they want it to turn off, or setting it by sunrise/sunset times automatically.

no avatar
leskirkaldy

Post by leskirkaldy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:22 am

Come on Mobvoi 3-5 seconds to see a watch face or read something on screen before it times out, are you for real??????
Your playing with the big boys now so you really need to sort things like this out and quickly.
Every other smartwatch I have has this option so how hard can it be?
Oh and while I'm on here could I also suggest putting the seconds in that nasty gap you have on the bottom right LCD screen, this would be so handy?
Overall this watch is a winner but its the little things that let it down and that's what people who buy these things notice the most

no avatar
Alahdal

Post by Alahdal » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:14 pm

joxer wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:57 pm
Write your software suggestions ideas in this topic.

I will start :) The most annoying thing in ticwatch pro is lag in phone call notifications, could you add your own solution for this problem ?? maybe light app which will only show who is calling with one option to recject the call (google phone alternative)
Nothing makes me cry and regret having this watch more than this lag.

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:06 am

Check out the "staylit wear" app. You can modify the screen timeout from the default to something that works best for you. I found that on the TicWatch Pro, 8 seconds works very well. It's long enough for the screen to wake up and show you what you need to see, but it doesn't stay on forever.

no avatar
brokey

Post by brokey » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:40 am

I second all of the above suggestions...

Would also like to see some more information displayed on the LCD screen...it would be great to make it look a little bit more attractive...is it just me or does it look like a cheap watch face?

cheers

col

no avatar
mlenak

Post by mlenak » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:57 am

I'd like to see the number of notifications in the essential mode so I don't have to turn on the display. ;)

no avatar
Zaphire

Post by Zaphire » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:26 am

The thing that I think is most useful is the possibility of making the LCD display reflect the ambient mode of the Watch face, as my old sony smartwatch 3 did with transreflective display

no avatar
Zaphire

Post by Zaphire » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:43 am

The thing that I think is most useful is the possibility of making the LCD display reflect the ambient mode of the Watch face, i can't believe it isn't programmable; i say something like my old sony smartwatch 3 did with transreflective display :roll: