Google Assistant G917510

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
mellowhippo
Cash on hand: Locked

Google Assistant G917510

Post by mellowhippo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 pm

New TicWatch Pro 4G and the Google assistant contantly gives my the error "Sorry, an unknown error occured (G917510)" I cannot send text messages using the assistant as well, it tries to send the messages directly from the watch. I want to send them through my phone. I can manually send text messages from the Google Messages app, just not from the Assistant. Does the Assistant only send text using the cell connection (which obviously isn't working yet)?

no avatar
Jmchnaway

Re: Google Assistant G917510

Post by Jmchnaway » Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:13 pm

I'm seeing this same problem as well, I can't send a text using Google Assistant. Everything seems to work, until i actually hit "Send", and the screen just spins while never clearing itself.

I'm also seeing a similar issue when trying to send an email via Google assistant, it just throws an error.

no avatar
Jmchnaway

Post by Jmchnaway » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:30 pm

mellowhippo wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 pm
New TicWatch Pro 4G and the Google assistant contantly gives my the error "Sorry, an unknown error occured (G917510)" I cannot send text messages using the assistant as well, it tries to send the messages directly from the watch. I want to send them through my phone. I can manually send text messages from the Google Messages app, just not from the Assistant. Does the Assistant only send text using the cell connection (which obviously isn't working yet)?
FYI, I had this problem as well, I was able to use Google assistant to "Send via Phone" by locking out the SIM card on the watch.

no avatar
kceb83

Post by kceb83 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:25 am

How were you able to lock out your sim. Also can you unlock it when LTE becomes available? I am having the samee issue and it's driving me crazy. Can't text with Google assistant which makes the watch pointless.

no avatar
Jmchnaway

Post by Jmchnaway » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:55 pm

kceb83 wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:25 am
How were you able to lock out your sim. Also can you unlock it when LTE becomes available? I am having the samee issue and it's driving me crazy. Can't text with Google assistant which makes the watch pointless.
I went into the "Connectivity>Mobile" menu, and clicked on "Change SIM pin" until it locked me out. Granted, this is a hack, and I have no idea how to set it back when LTE functionality is available, but I also never intend to use LTE on this watch.

I'm still unable to email from Google assistant though.

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:28 pm

mellowhippo wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:05 pm
Greetings mellowhippo!

Sorry I'm late to the party. I received some information that may have a bearing.

There is a setting that you can try that may help. Please try and let me know your result. On the watch, under Settings go to Connectivity/Mobile/Mobile (off). This will turn off the 4G antenna and 'may' result in Google Assistant using the WiFi.

Let me know if it works.
Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator