Quick battery drain

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
Raptor5655
Cash on hand: Locked

Quick battery drain

Post by Raptor5655 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:33 pm

Ever since the latest update my watch won't last half a day. Before that it could go to days on moderate use. Any one else with this issue? :shock:

no avatar
IlD4nX

Re: Quick battery drain

Post by IlD4nX » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:00 am

I have a similar battery drain as well (your is really super)... before was doing 4 days and now only 2.
I was thinking to reset my watch, probably it helps.

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:14 pm

Greetings!

Please try to clear the cache of Wear OS by Google app, Google Fit, Google App, TicHealth, TicExercise, TicPulse, Mobvoi Privacy, Etc on your TicWatch by going to Settings - Apps and Notifications - System Apps - Select the app - Clear Cache.

If doing above instructions didn't help with your battery draining issue, it's recommend to do a factory reset.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
Zaphire

Post by Zaphire » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:39 pm

Is it possible to ask, how a factory reset can help in this cases?
Thanks in advance.

no avatar
IlD4nX

Post by IlD4nX » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:42 am

Aathif Mahir wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:14 pm
Greetings!

Please try to clear the cache of Wear OS by Google app, Google Fit, Google App, TicHealth, TicExercise, TicPulse, Mobvoi Privacy, Etc on your TicWatch by going to Settings - Apps and Notifications - System Apps - Select the app - Clear Cache.

If doing above instructions didn't help with your battery draining issue, it's recommend to do a factory reset.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator
I can't find those settings on my ticwatch, so I did a factory reset and it seems to be beack to normal battery consumption. I'll keep you posted !

no avatar
LucaB

Post by LucaB » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:44 pm

Based on my experience, battery drain may be caused by a WearOS process gone rogue. You can't say for sure as there's no process monitor equivalent (unless one starts fiddling with Developer Mode and ADB of course...) but the quickest and most effective solution is to simply restart the watch. That will take care of the offending process. Hope it helps.

Aathif Mahir
Bank: Locked

Post by Aathif Mahir » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:27 am

LucaB wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:44 pm
Based on my experience, battery drain may be caused by a WearOS process gone rogue. You can't say for sure as there's no process monitor equivalent (unless one starts fiddling with Developer Mode and ADB of course...) but the quickest and most effective solution is to simply restart the watch. That will take care of the offending process. Hope it helps.
Hi LucaB,

Its recommended to use stock watch faces that comes with Ticwatch Preinstalled and also Please take look at our Battery saving guide in below link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-yHEWPy8DQ&t=3s

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Global Moderator