Sync heart rate with Google Fit

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
zidz
Cash on hand: Locked

Sync heart rate with Google Fit

Post by zidz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:22 am

Hi, I've authorized access to Google Fit in the Mobvoi app and enabled the 24h heart rate on the watch.
I see the heart rate graph but it's not syncing heart rate to Google Fit, and it's been 24 hours now since I authorized access to Google Fit.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Re: Sync heart rate with Google Fit

Post by Sabertooth » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:41 pm

zidz wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:22 am
Hi, I've authorized access to Google Fit in the Mobvoi app and enabled the 24h heart rate on the watch.
I see the heart rate graph but it's not syncing heart rate to Google Fit, and it's been 24 hours now since I authorized access to Google Fit.

Greetings zidz!

Open the Fit app on your phone then tap Profile on the bottom right. Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner. Tap Manage connected apps. You should see the Google Fit apps and devices (if not, tap the drop down arrow and select it). You should have Mobvoi and Mobvoi Fit apps listed. If it's not there you may not have completed the connection. Let me know if either is missing and we'll go from there.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

garrywadams

Post by garrywadams » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:57 pm

zidz wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:22 am

@zidz,
I had a similar issue once. I have more than one Google Account active on my phone. I realized that the Google Fit app was displaying data for one account, but my watch was syncing with the other. Once I configured Google Fit to display the correct account (my primary account, which was set up on the watch) my step count was correct and my synced HR started showing up in Fit as well.

I know it's a limited use-case, but it took me some time to figure out why only some of my data seemed to be syncing and was a very simple fix once it was identified.

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
zidz

Post by zidz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:35 pm

I only have the Mobvoi fit app listed in Google fit's connected apps.

Thanks Garry, but I only have one account active on my phone :-)

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:58 am

zidz wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:35 pm
I only have the Mobvoi fit app listed in Google fit's connected apps.

Thanks Garry, but I only have one account active on my phone :-)
Greetings zidz!

Open the Mobvoi app on your phone and tap the watch card. Tap Health Center then tap the Account (person) icon on the upper right. Next tap Data Authorization then Authorize Google Fit. Once you have Google Fit authorized, check that the heart rate syncs.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
zidz

Post by zidz » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:27 am

That's the thing, I've done that. See attached screenshot. I've also removed the authorization and reauthorized two times. I tried to remove app data as well to start over if there was any lockup but still no data in Google Fit.
Attachments
Screenshot_20190824-082500.png
Screenshot_20190824-082500.png (87.21 KiB) Viewed 717 times

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:38 pm

zidz wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:27 am
That's the thing, I've done that. See attached screenshot. I've also removed the authorization and reauthorized two times. I tried to remove app data as well to start over if there was any lockup but still no data in Google Fit.
Greetings zidz!

That is odd. I'm investigating options. You may need to reset some apps to clear things out and try again. I'll try to get some confirmation that this will help. You may wish to file feedback through the Google Fit app just to cover the bases. Open the Fit app on your phone then tap Profile on the bottom. On the upper right, tap the ? icon then tap send feedback.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
zidz

Post by zidz » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:08 pm

I realized that it worked to sync data to Google Fit the first time I did setup the watch directly after I bought it. But couldn't get it to work again after factory reset of the watch and a reinstall of the Mobvoi app on phone.

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:18 pm

zidz wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:08 pm
I realized that it worked to sync data to Google Fit the first time I did setup the watch directly after I bought it. But couldn't get it to work again after factory reset of the watch and a reinstall of the Mobvoi app on phone.
Greetings zidz!

Ah ha! You factory reset the watch! Please try the following steps to see if it corrects the issue:

Delete then re-install the Wear OS app.
Forget or un-pair any Ticwatch’s in the Bluetooth settings on your phone
During setup, skip the Google sync step on the watch
Once setup on the watch is complete, open the Wear OS app on your phone.
Add your google account to the watch by opening Advanced settings/Accounts and Add another account.

Let me know how it goes.
Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
zidz

Post by zidz » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:47 pm

The above didn't help. But I think I know what solved it.
I'd enable everything in the Mobvoi Privacy app and disabled pedometer in the TicHealth app (because I want only HR from Tic apps, the movement I get through Google Fit.)

Before I only allowed the heart rate and data upload in the privacy app.

Now the heart rate syncs to Google Fit 🤔