Ticwatch just stop working - dead and not chargering

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
claudio8.baldi
Cash on hand: Locked

Ticwatch just stop working - dead and not chargering

Post by claudio8.baldi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:47 pm

Hello everybody,

Hope community can help with my smartwatch...
My new Ticwatch pro, used only 2 weeks, is now not switch on anymore :evil: . It seems completely dead. I am a user with several smartwatches and this is the first time that I have a problem with one of them.
I have never used in the swimming pool or wear when I am getting a shower, but yesterday just suddenly stopped to work with no reasons.

I thought that was the battery that might be run out for some heavy usage but I tried to charge the battery for an entire night and I don't have any signs from it. I plugged and tried to charge several times with different chargers original and a spare one from an old one.
The Ticwatch also heats up after a couple of minutes connected to the charger and I am assuming is charging but I didn't get any animations when usually is pluged-in.

I also tried to long-press the button Power for 10 seconds, I also followed some instructions to run the bootloader but I have no signs at all. just off. The smartwatch just stopped working without any reason.

What the best option? Do you have any idea of what I can do or try?
I saw that my ticwatch pro was produced on August 2018, but I bought just a few weeks ago.

thanks,

Claudio

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Re: Ticwatch just stop working - dead and not chargering

Post by Sabertooth » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:03 pm

claudio8.baldi wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:47 pm
Hello everybody,

Hope community can help with my smartwatch...
My new Ticwatch pro, used only 2 weeks, is now not switch on anymore :evil: . It seems completely dead. I am a user with several smartwatches and this is the first time that I have a problem with one of them.
I have never used in the swimming pool or wear when I am getting a shower, but yesterday just suddenly stopped to work with no reasons.

I thought that was the battery that might be run out for some heavy usage but I tried to charge the battery for an entire night and I don't have any signs from it. I plugged and tried to charge several times with different chargers original and a spare one from an old one.
The Ticwatch also heats up after a couple of minutes connected to the charger and I am assuming is charging but I didn't get any animations when usually is pluged-in.

I also tried to long-press the button Power for 10 seconds, I also followed some instructions to run the bootloader but I have no signs at all. just off. The smartwatch just stopped working without any reason.

What the best option? Do you have any idea of what I can do or try?
I saw that my ticwatch pro was produced on August 2018, but I bought just a few weeks ago.

thanks,

Claudio
Greetings Claudio!

Sorry to hear about your issue. It could be the battery is not charged. Some of the older chargers had issues with current over 1A and could fail if exposed to higher currents. As a first step, I suggest you place a warranty ticket for a new charging cradle. The new cradles have been improved and now support fast charging and QC3.

Please email to support@mobvoi.com with your order ID and detailed description of your issue for final troubleshooting and to receive a free replacement charger.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
claudio8.baldi

Post by claudio8.baldi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:11 pm

I send and email alsredy but no answer.
I also tried a different charger that has a safety overcurrents.

When they usaully reply?

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:23 pm

claudio8.baldi wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:11 pm
I send and email alsredy but no answer.
I also tried a different charger that has a safety overcurrents.

When they usaully reply?
Greetings Claudio!

It can take a couple of days to get a reply depending on the volume of issues they are dealing with.

Alternately, you can go here: https://www.mobvoi.com/us/pages/support. Click/Tap Warranty then create ticket. Once you have a ticket number if you don't get a response within 48 hours, report your ticket number to me and I will follow up for you and make sure you get taken care of properly.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
claudio8.baldi

Post by claudio8.baldi » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:30 pm

thank you very much Sabertooth.
I just want to sort it out as soon as I can because if I cannot get the fix I still can ask for a refund/ the 30 days are not expired jet.

no avatar
claudio8.baldi

Post by claudio8.baldi » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:39 am

Hello

I opened a ticket yesterday night but i just noticed that is Closed.
Could you please check.

this is the id: 19723

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:33 pm

claudio8.baldi wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:39 am
Hello

I opened a ticket yesterday night but i just noticed that is Closed.
Could you please check.

this is the id: 19723
Greetings Claudio!

Response is as follows:
This one was closed because the case was approved, and the new charger already shipped. The system automatically closes cases once the replacement item is shipped out to prevent possible double shipments from going out. The tracking number for it is LF030332908SG (http://parcelsapp.com/en/tracking/LF030332908SG)
Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator