Mobvoi Health does not sync over bluetooth or Tor

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
jbrepo
Cash on hand: Locked

Mobvoi Health does not sync over bluetooth or Tor

Post by jbrepo » Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:43 pm

Hello. For certain reason I cannot use direct internet connection for my Ticwatch Pro. I have to turn wifi on the watch off and route Wear OS app through Orbot VPN. The watch Ticwatch Health app in this configuration does not sync with mobile app. I believe it is unable to access internet through bluetooth and VPN. It is a bug, because other apps like Google Play or Pay on watch work fine. I am going to give negative review to the app. Jan

Sabertooth.
Bank: Locked

Re: Mobvoi Health does not sync over bluetooth or Tor

Post by Sabertooth. » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:45 pm

jbrepo wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:43 pm
Hello. For certain reason I cannot use direct internet connection for my Ticwatch Pro. I have to turn wifi on the watch off and route Wear OS app through Orbot VPN. The watch Ticwatch Health app in this configuration does not sync with mobile app. I believe it is unable to access internet through bluetooth and VPN. It is a bug, because other apps like Google Play or Pay on watch work fine. I am going to give negative review to the app. Jan
Greetings jbrepo!

We are investigating reports of a problem with a recent update of TicHealth that may be causing the issue you've reported.

You can try Removing Upgrades. Open settings on your watch then apps & notifications > app info > system apps > TicHealth > Remove Upgrades.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
jbrepo

Post by jbrepo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:23 am

I have removed upgrades and both TicHealth and TicPulse stopped working. Just shown app logo briefly and then returned to watch face. I upgraded to TicHealth 2, apps are working locally very well but still do no sync. Maybe the app uses some ports that are not routed through Tor?

no avatar
jbrepo

Post by jbrepo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:45 pm

Can you please confirm the problem?
1) Install Orbot
2) In Orbot turn on VPN function and enable VPN for Wear OS
3) On TicWatch turn off wifi, let it connect to phone only by bluetooth

Does TicHealth and TicPulse sync to mobile app? I love these apps very much but they stopped working

no avatar
janumix

Post by janumix » Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:06 am

It does not sync in my case, too (after upgrade to latest version - where layout was changed).
I 've direct bluetooth connection to phone and WiFi turned on.
Moreover, TicHealth works very unstable and slow on TicWatch PRO. It starts abt. 20 sec. and often stops after sometime without responding.

BR
Janusz

no avatar
jbrepo

Post by jbrepo » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:35 am

I tried different VPN, the VPN Client Pro and TunnelBear. When I force Wear OS to use VPN then TicHealth does sync to mobile. So the problem is Orbot or Tor. Unfortunately both VPN Client Pro and TunnelBear are paid and relatively expensive