Problem with Google assistant in Ticwatch Pro 2020

Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
ragnar2792
Cash on hand: Locked

Problem with Google assistant in Ticwatch Pro 2020

Post by ragnar2792 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:12 am

Hello,
After starting the google assistant in Ticwatch Pro 2020, the error "Problem occurred" appears. I updated the Google app and Wear os app today but it didn't help.

The problem occurs randomly.

Regards

no avatar
homogenisierung

Re: Problem with Google assistant in Ticwatch Pro 2020

Post by homogenisierung » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:33 pm

Here also. I think its not a problem from watch but from Google.

Mobvoi
Site Admin

Post by Mobvoi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:18 am

Hello,

Please try this: Uninstall the latest Google app update on your phone. Until Google updates wearOS, you'd better not update google app on your phone. You can also disable auto-update in the play store so that it doesn't update.

Let us know if that fixes the problem, thanks!

Best,

Mobvoi

no avatar
aashish.phatak10

Post by aashish.phatak10 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:45 pm

Hello,

I have tried the above mentioned option and I am still not able to add my tic watch pro as a device in my google assistant. I am able to use the "ok google" detection and some other important assistant capabilities. Please let me know what I need to do in order to setup the google assistant on my watch.

no avatar
karce64

Post by karce64 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:18 pm

Nothing you can do at the moment... Version 2.18 is available for download, however not on TicWatches for some reason.

Make sure you've restarted your devices after uninstalling the Google app updates on your smartphone. Ensure you also disable auto-update in Google Play on your smartphone.

no avatar
Mail4upasi

Post by Mail4upasi » Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:06 pm

Google assistant in general works but cannot control my home devices, is it related to the same topic?

no avatar
edmon.chairul

Post by edmon.chairul » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:08 am

How I solved:
Ticwatch E2 Wear OS watch is not detecting 'ok google' voice command

From several trials, I noticed that the problem came from the latest "Google" version pushed to the watch.

When the watch was in the original factory "Google" version, there was no problem. But after "idle time" (charging, standby mode, reset, etc.) the problem appeared. I noticed that the latest "Google" version was pushed to the watch during these "idle time".

The actions:
1. [on phone] Disconnect the watch from the phone "Wear OS"
2. [on phone] Delete the watch from the phone bluetooth memory
3. [on phone] Unistall the "Wear OS".
4. [on phone] Reinstall the latest "Wear OS"
5. [on watch] Do the "Factory reset" (go to "setting", go to "system", go to "disconect & reset")
6. [on phone & watch] Follow the whole fresh watch to handphone pairing steps.
7. [on watch] Immediately deactivate application "auto-update" feature on watch (go to "play store", scroll to the bottom to find "setting", turn off "apps auto update")

Now, the watch is using the factory tested, stable "Google" version (that can detect "ok google' voice command). And it will stay on this stable version, since we havae deactivate the "apps auto update" feature.

We can re-activate "apps auto update" after Google released the next stable "Google" version for the watch.

Data:
Ticwatch E2 by Mobvoi, Sep 2020.
[watch] Factory original "Google" version: 9.94.5.25.arm = OK
[watch] Problematic "Google" version: 11.33.9.25.arm = NOT-OK

no avatar
hamish1970

Post by hamish1970 » Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:22 am

Ridiculous issue tbh. Have the same problem which in effect makes the watch fairly useless. With Covid-19 we should be avoided physical interaction wherever we can. If I could get my money back I would.

no avatar
waqar.azeem

Problem with Google Wear OS For Ticwatch Pro 3 LTE eSIM Installation

Post by waqar.azeem » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:51 pm

I am really sorry to say that Mobvoi is not addressing the problem keenly, again & again simply saying that eSIM installation option must be provided in Google Wear OS and its Mobvoi responsibility rather than saying that Cellular function is not available for Pakistan? Only you are supporting the Mobvoi & Vodafone monopoly rather than addressing the problem. Hope you will understand the problem that cellular services is the secondary issue, only needs option to install the eSIM in Google Wear OS. Thus provide the Network Unlock code as it is available with the manufacturer always.

The help team non-professional attitude shoeing that throw the watch in dustbin and forget the Mobvoi in future due to their Vodafone monopoly rather than serving customer. Pethatic attitude

no avatar
waqar.azeem

Post by waqar.azeem » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:24 pm

Network unlock date for ticwatch pro 3 LTE?