Moderators: garrywadams, Aathif Mahir

no avatar
ja.13061965
Cash on hand: Locked

Re: Firmware update

Post by ja.13061965 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:26 pm

Dear Mobvoi team

Happy new year and all my best wishes.

I hope that pro2020 will get the firmware update as promised...

Soon ?

Best regards.

no avatar
red_razor23

Post by red_razor23 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:26 am

Ticwatch Pro 4G variation here. Nothing. Cross posted in other forums with no responses. Android Wear isn't dead as Google just finalized Fitbit purchase yesterday, but I believe this will be the last Mobvoi product I purchase or recommend. I work in IT and know the importance of legitimate security patches (thanks Solar Winds). These actually store tons of personal data about our health and more. I can't believe Mobvoi is so interested in sales that no one is spending time on giving backdated devices update patches. How wasteful for a buy it and throw it mentality..... *Cough* Samsung :?

no avatar
marcelotdrk

Post by marcelotdrk » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:11 pm

Aathif Mahir wrote:
Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:39 am
Hi Friends,

New firmware update for TicWatch Pro 2020 in the works and expected to arrive within December to January timelines.

Aathif Mahir
Mobvoi Lead Moderator

Hello Mobvoi team

Any news related to firmware update??

Lately I have seem only news about TW3 but I do like my Pro2020 and I am eager for some news

Thank you!!!

no avatar
gtmoraes1

Post by gtmoraes1 » Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:43 am

There won't be any update. This is a chinese product. You bought it because you wanted to. Nobody forced you.

You knew the risks, and the price tag also reinforced it.
Be glad it works.

If you want updates and support, buy from a real brand.

no avatar
stefano.limongi

Post by stefano.limongi » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:10 am

There are any news for the update?? I have ticwatch pro 2020

no avatar
marcelotdrk

Post by marcelotdrk » Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:50 pm

gtmoraes1 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:43 am
There won't be any update. This is a chinese product. You bought it because you wanted to. Nobody forced you.

Be glad it works.

Listen man is not because they are a Chinese company they won't update their products. It's kind of racist opinion. If you have any issue with them it's your business not mine.

My watch works very well thanks but, of course, there's some room for improvement specially the customer service of the company is very bad. I never saw a forum where the moderators pretending they don't see the msg

You are right saying nobody forces me to buy it. I am asking about the update because it's not a watch of €50 or €100. I have payed a lot more for it.

I can say for sure I am a loyal customer for the brands that serve well my needs. Before I change my mind I always give some chance.

Thanks.

no avatar
fab.p

Post by fab.p » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:06 am

Poor argument. This watch was their flagship up until a few months ago. Should be supported for at least another year or so.

Piss poor Mobvoi.

no avatar
hellosteve.lsl

Post by hellosteve.lsl » Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:42 am

I won't purchase another Mobvoi product and I have already discouraged my friends and family members from doing so as well since this company does not support their products. Mobvoi has not responded to any of the three emails that I sent asking about firmware updates for my ticwatch E2, which I still like.

no avatar
karce64

Post by karce64 » Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:10 pm

marcelotdrk wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:50 pm
gtmoraes1 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:43 am

Be glad it works.

Listen man is not because they are a Chinese company they won't update their products. It's kind of racist opinion. If you have any issue with them it's your business not mine.

My watch works very well thanks but, of course, there's some room for improvement specially the customer service of the company is very bad. I never saw a forum where the moderators pretending they don't see the msg

You are right saying nobody forces me to buy it. I am asking about the update because it's not a watch of €50 or €100. I have payed a lot more for it.

I can say for sure I am a loyal customer for the brands that serve well my needs. Before I change my mind I always give some chance.

Thanks.
It's not based on racism, if you know anything about chinese manufacturing, they come out with (or copy) a product, produce a batch of 10,000-100,000 of them, then move on. There's no support, no spare parts, no replacements, item's gone. Seems Mobvoi's doing the same, create it, dump it to market, then forget about it.

no avatar
ja.13061965

Post by ja.13061965 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:09 pm

Hi friends.

The firmware update for TicWatch Pro 2020 was planned in December 2020 or January 2021, but nothing has arrived. In March 2021, could we expect it to be supplied ? Dear Aathif Mahir, you had promised it...

Please Mobvoi team, could you refresh this post by writing an answer including the date of update ? We have a big hope on it.

Best regards.

Jérôme