C2 Swimming Question

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
joepeters1
Cash on hand: Locked

C2 Swimming Question

Post by joepeters1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi, after much research I have decided on purchasing the Ticwatch C2. However, I am still unclear as to what extent the watch is water proof / water resistance. The watch has a microphone but no speaker. Does this mean I could swim with the watch on? Or is it just water resistant? Given it has a leather wristband I would most likely purchase a silicone wristband if one is available. Would the wristbands be interchangeable? Any feedback from the community would be appreciated. Thank you.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: C2 Swimming Question

Post by garrywadams » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:17 pm

joepeters1 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:12 pm
Hi, after much research I have decided on purchasing the Ticwatch C2. However, I am still unclear as to what extent the watch is water proof / water resistance. The watch has a microphone but no speaker. Does this mean I could swim with the watch on? Or is it just water resistant? Given it has a leather wristband I would most likely purchase a silicone wristband if one is available. Would the wristbands be interchangeable? Any feedback from the community would be appreciated. Thank you.
According to the official website, the C2 is rated for shallow pool swimming. It only carries an IP68 rating. As mentioned above, replacing the leather band is recommended before taking the watch into the water.

https://www.mobvoi.com/us/pages/ticwatchc2

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
joepeters1

Re: C2 Swimming Question

Post by joepeters1 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Got it. Thank you. I think I will play it safe and not swim with it.