C2 Swimming Question

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
joepeters1
Cash on hand: Locked

C2 Swimming Question

Post by joepeters1 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:12 pm

Hi, after much research I have decided on purchasing the Ticwatch C2. However, I am still unclear as to what extent the watch is water proof / water resistance. The watch has a microphone but no speaker. Does this mean I could swim with the watch on? Or is it just water resistant? Given it has a leather wristband I would most likely purchase a silicone wristband if one is available. Would the wristbands be interchangeable? Any feedback from the community would be appreciated. Thank you.

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Re: C2 Swimming Question

Post by garrywadams » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:17 pm

joepeters1 wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:12 pm
Hi, after much research I have decided on purchasing the Ticwatch C2. However, I am still unclear as to what extent the watch is water proof / water resistance. The watch has a microphone but no speaker. Does this mean I could swim with the watch on? Or is it just water resistant? Given it has a leather wristband I would most likely purchase a silicone wristband if one is available. Would the wristbands be interchangeable? Any feedback from the community would be appreciated. Thank you.
According to the official website, the C2 is rated for shallow pool swimming. It only carries an IP68 rating. As mentioned above, replacing the leather band is recommended before taking the watch into the water.

https://www.mobvoi.com/us/pages/ticwatchc2

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
joepeters1

Post by joepeters1 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Got it. Thank you. I think I will play it safe and not swim with it.

no avatar
peter.barnafi

Post by peter.barnafi » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:12 pm

On the product page (https://www.mobvoi.com/eu/pages/ticwatchc2) there is: "IP68 water and dust proof Supports swimming in shallow waters"

On the FAQ page (https://www.mobvoi.com/eu/pages/faq):
"Question: Is it waterproof?
The TicWatch C2 has an IP68 waterproof rating, and it can be worn when washing hands, sweating, or when it is raining. Please note that the watch has mic but doesn’t have a speaker. Try not to place it directly under a water current, or wear it for swimming. Do not place it under hot water, soap, detergent, etc as it will damage the hardware. Please also avoid soaking the leather watch strap underwater."

Which is true? Maybe there are two different versions of C2?

garrywadams
Bank: Locked

Post by garrywadams » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:17 pm

Can you post a screenshot of where it says swimming? I cannot find that on the product page. There is only one model of C2. It is not rated for swimming. Any TicWatch models that come with a leather strap in the box are not designed for swimming. This includes the original TicWatch Pro.

IP68 is rated for shallow water submersion, but that does not necessarily mean it is rated for the pressures encountered while swimming. The TicWatch Pro 4G is IP68, but it also carries an additional rating for swimming. The S2 and E2 models also carry a waterproof rating sufficient for swimming.

Thanks

-garrywadams
Mobvoi Global Moderator