Stock on "Getting watch details"

Moderators: garrywadams, Chintannapster, Aathif Mahir, Sabertooth

no avatar
caverde.15
Cash on hand: Locked

Stock on "Getting watch details"

Post by caverde.15 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi,

I restore to default my TicWatch C2 to pair it to my new Phone (redmi note 7) but when I turn it on, choose the new language and accept the Terms and Conditions I select the device on the WearOS app and say "Getting watch details ... This process could take a few minutes." and the watch stay there forever until I restart it.

I restore to default the watch a lot of times and the phone too, but it still not pairing the watch to the phone..

Please, anyone can help me?

Sabertooth
Bank: Locked

Re: Stock on "Getting watch details"

Post by Sabertooth » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:03 pm

caverde.15 wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:14 pm
Hi,

I restore to default my TicWatch C2 to pair it to my new Phone (redmi note 7) but when I turn it on, choose the new language and accept the Terms and Conditions I select the device on the WearOS app and say "Getting watch details ... This process could take a few minutes." and the watch stay there forever until I restart it.

I restore to default the watch a lot of times and the phone too, but it still not pairing the watch to the phone..

Please, anyone can help me?
Greetings caverde.15!

It seems like your watch isn't able to connect to your new phone. Let's see if we can figure out why. I assume everything was okay with the watch connected to your old phone? Let me know if that wasn't the case. During the time when it says 'Getting watch details ...', check your Bluetooth devices in the phones Bluetooth Settings and tell me if you see the watch listed, You may have to 'search' for available devices. You can try to manually pair if it shows up in the search as a new device.

Edit: Have you installed the Mobvoi app on your new phone and logged in to your Mobvoi account?

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
caverde.15

Post by caverde.15 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:01 am

Hi Sabertoot, I still trying to connect my Ticwatch C2 to my Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, I put you in context..

I bought a Redmi Note 7, then I unlinked my Ticwatch C2 from my Redmi 4X and linked it to my Redmi Note 7, a few days later inside the watch I tapped the option "Unlink and reset" and minutes later when I tried to link it again my problem occurred to me Redmi Note 7 that I am mentioning.

I am a student of Computer Engineering of the 8th semester, apparently the problem is only with my device because it seems that this keeps some information in memory inside the clock and when my Redmi Note 7 tries to link the clock does not provide the information completely, I have factory reset my phone and watch many times and the problem persists.

These are the first steps to connect the watch to the phone (photo 1 and photo 2)

prueba 3.jpeg
prueba 3.jpeg (16.29 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
(photo 1)

prueba 2.jpeg
prueba 2.jpeg (26.84 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
(photo 2)

The clock and the phone remain on these screens forever unless you close the application from recent phone apps, if that is the case when the application is opened again this happens (photo 3)
prueba 1.jpeg
prueba 1.jpeg (11.39 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
(photo 3)

And that's it, just trying to link the clock, in my opinion it is a mistake to unlink the watch from the phone, if there was a way to make a hard reset to the clock I would love to know to be able to permanently erase all the existing information on the watch so that nothing is left causing problems to link to my phone.

I appreciate in advance any help you can give me, I have contacted any number of people asking for help but nobody has been able to give me a solution, obviously I do not want to change the phone and much less the Ticwatch

Please help me solve it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:28 pm

caverde.15 wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:01 am
Hi Sabertoot, I still trying to connect my Ticwatch C2 to my Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, I put you in context..

I bought a Redmi Note 7, then I unlinked my Ticwatch C2 from my Redmi 4X and linked it to my Redmi Note 7, a few days later inside the watch I tapped the option "Unlink and reset" and minutes later when I tried to link it again my problem occurred to me Redmi Note 7 that I am mentioning.

I am a student of Computer Engineering of the 8th semester, apparently the problem is only with my device because it seems that this keeps some information in memory inside the clock and when my Redmi Note 7 tries to link the clock does not provide the information completely, I have factory reset my phone and watch many times and the problem persists.

These are the first steps to connect the watch to the phone (photo 1 and photo 2)
The clock and the phone remain on these screens forever unless you close the application from recent phone apps, if that is the case when the application is opened again this happens (photo 3)
And that's it, just trying to link the clock, in my opinion it is a mistake to unlink the watch from the phone, if there was a way to make a hard reset to the clock I would love to know to be able to permanently erase all the existing information on the watch so that nothing is left causing problems to link to my phone.

I appreciate in advance any help you can give me, I have contacted any number of people asking for help but nobody has been able to give me a solution, obviously I do not want to change the phone and much less the Ticwatch

Please help me solve it :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Greetings caverde.15!

Since you already had your watch and phone paired then it's a good chance we can get it working again. Factory reset of the watch should clear the watch so that may not be the problem. Since you said you already did the disconnect and reset a number of times, lets leave that and take a look at the phone side of things first. Please provide your phone's specific make and model and android version (you'll find this in the settings/system/about phone/ hardware info and software info)

When you are trying to pair the watch be sure the old phone, your Redmi 4x, is either turned off or has airplane mode enable (or minimum distance away over 10m) to prevent it from interfering or capturing the pairing request.

Due to instabilities that can arise over time, please first restart your phone before beginning.
To make sure that nothing is left over from your previous attempts to pair, let's clean things up and start fresh.

Let's verify some information.
Do you have the Mobvoi app installed on your phone? Is your watch shown in the app? as connected?
Tap the person icon and then tap About. What is the version number shown?

Does the Wear OS app show your Ticwatch? Does it show as connected? via Bluetooth?
Tap the three dots on the right and select about. What is the version of Wear OS shown?

Do you have the Bluetooth connection between the watch and phone?
On your phone, open the settings/connected devices/bluetooth. Is the Ticwatch listed?
Tap the gear icon and unpair to remove the entry.

Do you have Notifications allowed on the Lock Screen?
On your phone, open Settings/apps & notifications/notifications. Lock screen should be show all notifications.

Resetting the Mobvoi app and the Google Wear OS app is the next step.
This will however reset these apps to their first run state. To do this, go in to the setting on your phone and locate app info (under apps and notifications). In the list of apps locate the Mobvoi and Wear OS apps, tap each one and then tap storage and finally clear data to remove the old data. Open the Mobvoi app and log in.

Restart the watch and attempt to pair with your phone. Accept all permission requests.

Let me know what happens with as much detail as possible (you can't have too much information).

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
prodigy

Post by prodigy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:27 pm

Exactly the same configuration (Redmi Note 7 + Ticwatch C2), and the same problem.Even the progress bar is stuck at the same spot. The watch worked fine with Redmi 5 Plus, but I can't manage to connect it to the new phone.

I've tried to:
- Clean WearOS app cache & data
- Clean Play services cache, and wearable data
- I've ensured that the watch is forgotten under bluetooth settings
- I've attempted to pair it with older WearOS app version (February 2019)
- Factory reset the watch
- Factory reset the phone (!!!)
- Restart bluetooth during pairing

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:40 pm

prodigy wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:27 pm
Exactly the same configuration (Redmi Note 7 + Ticwatch C2), and the same problem.Even the progress bar is stuck at the same spot. The watch worked fine with Redmi 5 Plus, but I can't manage to connect it to the new phone.

I've tried to:
- Clean WearOS app cache & data
- Clean Play services cache, and wearable data
- I've ensured that the watch is forgotten under bluetooth settings
- I've attempted to pair it with older WearOS app version (February 2019)
- Factory reset the watch
- Factory reset the phone (!!!)
- Restart bluetooth during pairing
Greetings prodigy!

We believe this to be an issue with Google Wear OS so we have referred this issue to Google for analysis and correction. I recommend that you open the Wear OS app, tap the three dots on the upper right, tap help & feedback then send feedback and relate your issue there as well. While we wait for a more permanent fix, we currently recommend that you try the following to attempt to recover.

Delete then re-install the Wear OS app.
Forget or unpair any Ticwatch’s in the Bluetooth settings on your phone
During setup, skip the Google sync step on the watch
Once setup on the watch is complete, open the Wear OS app on your phone.
Add your google account to the watch by opening Advanced settings/Accounts and Add another account.

Let me know how it goes.
Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
prodigy

Post by prodigy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:57 pm

I've sent feedback to Google.
As to your advice - I don't event get to the Google sync step.
I select language on the watch, accept terms & conditions, and then the watch wants me to open the wear os app.
I open the app, press next, select the watch from bluetooth devices list, accept popup... and the watch is stuck on " >phone name< would like to connect.". App states that it has connected succesfully, and gets stuck on"Getting watch details".

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:12 pm

prodigy wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:57 pm
I've sent feedback to Google.
As to your advice - I don't event get to the Google sync step.
I select language on the watch, accept terms & conditions, and then the watch wants me to open the wear os app.
I open the app, press next, select the watch from bluetooth devices list, accept popup... and the watch is stuck on " >phone name< would like to connect.". App states that it has connected succesfully, and gets stuck on"Getting watch details".
Greetings prodigy!

I'll update your information to the in-house support channel but I don't have any other suggestions right now. Just to be sure we cover the bases, when I reset my Ticwatch recently it took a long time to get past that point like more than a half an hour (I put the watch aside so I'm not sure exactly how long) before it made the connection so be sure you give it plenty of time to complete. Thanks for following up with Google also.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator

no avatar
prodigy

Post by prodigy » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:10 pm

Two more things - as I said before, pairing on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus completes in under 5 minutes, I've checked just a moment ago.
I'll try to leave the watch overnight for pairing, hope that will help.

Sabertooth

Post by Sabertooth » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:40 am

prodigy wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:10 pm
Two more things - as I said before, pairing on Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus completes in under 5 minutes, I've checked just a moment ago.
I'll try to leave the watch overnight for pairing, hope that will help.
Greetings prodigy!

I've provided your details to two of the Ticwatch C2 engineers for further review. Hopefully, they can come up with some suggestions to resolve your issue.

Sabertooth
Mobvoi Global Moderator